We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helmets

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Helmets

Anyone update me on the new helmet laws please, has it come into force? Rightly or wrongly we never wear helmets on our scooter as never venture onto main highways, just dont like the idea of having to carry them everywhere when not on the scooter, suppose could secure them to scooter somehow. And where all of a sudden is the millions of helmets going to turn up from?

Goa, India
Level Contributor
698 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Helmets

Not yet, still lots of um-ing and ah-ing... :) Lots of local pressure not to enforce it.

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helmets

As usual, it's been "deferred".......

Wolf

3. Re: Helmets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 17:35
Edited: 07 October 2012, 17:35
Wakefield
Level Contributor
220 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helmets

My mates been there 4 days now and says there no helets he says same as year todate but could change if they get pulled over !!!!!!!!!!

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Helmets

Cheers for the replies, hope it stays "deferred". Can imagine the locals are not impressed with the change, i know it would probably cut serious injury and probably save a few lives but i feel it wouldn't be the same having to hump helmets around with you all day, personally i more worried about falling coconuts....

Goa, India
Level Contributor
69 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Helmets

Can you ride to Panjim or on highways without a helmet ? Or is it compulsory to the rider and not the pillion ?

Mentioned in this post
Panjim
Panjim
North Goa District, India
manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,641 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Helmets

You need to wear a helmet on the highways and if you go to Panjim on the highway you need to wear one also. You can get to Panjim though via the back roads an using the free ferry, this route you don't need to wear a helmet.

Mentioned in this post
Panjim
Panjim
North Goa District, India
Calangute, India
Destination Expert
for Goa, Candolim, Calangute
Level Contributor
2,315 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Helmets

lisapaul the helmet will save you from the cocoanuts keep it on

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Helmets

Me head is itching thinking about it.......

Goa, India
Level Contributor
69 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Helmets

what about the pillion bindoobaba ? Does he/she need one too when using highways ? I know its for safety sake, but do the cops catch if the pillion isn't wearing one ?