We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maleria - Article in today's daily mail !!!!

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
871 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Maleria - Article in today's daily mail !!!!

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-191238/I-regr…

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,870 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maleria - Article in today's daily mail !!!!

Should be a salutary lesson, shouldn't it? But do you reckon it will make any difference?

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
871 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maleria - Article in today's daily mail !!!!

Goa seem to think maleria is on the decline but its still prominent in India and Goa! Haven't taken anti Malerial drugs for years (not big and not clever) but they made me feel so ill that I wanted to be home not on holiday so decided that if I want to enjoy goa then the maleria tabs had to go! Thinking I might take them this year! Is it worth the risk??? Probably not!

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
438 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maleria - Article in today's daily mail !!!!

Seek advice from your local health centre.

Side effects are not guaranteed at all, but perhaps you can be prescribed antimalarials that don't disagree with you.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,066 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maleria - Article in today's daily mail !!!!

Malarone are the only Malaria tablets i have taken that i haven't had side effects. I personally think they are well worth the money they cost.:-)) Gel

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,402 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maleria - Article in today's daily mail !!!!

They travelled to India in June, monsoon season, height of the mosquito season.

Nuff said

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
871 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maleria - Article in today's daily mail !!!!

I have just read it again it was also 5 years ago. Interesting read. They did travel around as well not sure whether maleria is also in the other states they mention?

7. Re: Maleria - Article in today's daily mail !!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2013, 10:17