We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I understand there are 2sides to hampi one non alchohol

London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
I understand there are 2sides to hampi one non alchohol

Can anyone explain the different sides of the river in hampi?

UK
Level Contributor
692 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I understand there are 2sides to hampi one non alchohol

In Hampi you can only get vegetarian food and there is no alcohol, it is best to stay just outside in a place called Hospet, we went last December and had a fantastic time

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I understand there are 2sides to hampi one non alchohol

Hampi is a vast area 14 km from Hospet and is on the shore of Tungabhadra river. Within the heritage complex there maybe restrictions, but this does not apply to the hotels on either side of the river. For instance The Mayura Bhuvaneshwari has a bar and across the river you can BYO. Likewise there is non veg available though the selection maybe limited. Probably Hotel Mallige has the best food.

3. Re: I understand there are 2sides to hampi one non alchohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2013, 10:17