We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 am flight to Uk where to spend last hours nearby

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
179 reviews
Save Topic
4 am flight to Uk where to spend last hours nearby

Not leaving for a few weeks but wondering if anyone can recommend a good restaurant or hotel for a meal etc that is close to Dabolim airport?. We will be checking out Hol Inn down south at around 3 or 4 pm I guess.

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 am flight to Uk where to spend last hours nearby

I expect there must be one but I do not know it.

I always go out and eat near my hotel on my last evening( I leave my luggage with the hotel. come back late , by then it is time to pick up my luggage hop in a taxi to the airport..

I like to use a place to eat that i know quite well on my last night , as i would not like to risk a bad tummy on the way home. I think it is what most people do.

Good luck in finding somewhere though, if that is what you want

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
195 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 am flight to Uk where to spend last hours nearby

gategourmet.com‎

at airport premises itself

others

tripadvisor.in/Restaurants-g1221419-Dabolim_…

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,021 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 am flight to Uk where to spend last hours nearby

We normally just do the same a s Vurda and stay in resort and have our last meal. Setting off for the airport at around midnight gives you plenty of time to go through all the proceedures.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 am flight to Uk where to spend last hours nearby

Yes that makes sense re trustworthy restaurant. Will check out gate gourmet too. Much appreciated all.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 am flight to Uk where to spend last hours nearby

You won't be able to use gategourmet until you have enter the airport, about 3 hours before your flight. The food is quite good and you can enjoy an alcohol drink with your meal, prices are fair considering you have no where else to spend your rupees.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 am flight to Uk where to spend last hours nearby

May depend on what day you fly back. If a Friday or Saturday, you may want to consider Joets at Bogmalo beach. Its about 10 mins from the airport and Friday and Saturday nights they have live music on (Friday in particular is usually jumping into the early hours - fun to watch the locals enjoying themselves) Saturdays they will usually have live football match on TV screen as well as the music if there is a late prem league game (but no sound) which would finish around 12.45am. Joets have great (shack type) food as does the sister hotel Coconut Creek which is more of a 'fine dining' - for Goa - experience set back about 400 yards from the beach, but not usually open into the early hours.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,987 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 am flight to Uk where to spend last hours nearby

Usually spend the evening locally and get a very late night taxi to the airport. Also have Goan friends who live at Chicolem, 5 minutes from the airport, so sometimes go there in the evening and, being Goan, they love going out for late dinner and we have been to Joet's which is one of their favourite haunts or to the Chinese restaurant at one of the hotels in Vasco. I hate that last evening so it's good to spend it well, and in convivial company, before the return to north European weather!

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,459 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 am flight to Uk where to spend last hours nearby

We always book the room for the lastnight, we can have a sleep about 6ish for afew hours, tokeep us refreshed,then get ready and have meal about 9,30, so the time goes by quickly up to 12mnight then were off to airport simple:::))

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,987 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 am flight to Uk where to spend last hours nearby

Thornhill, yours is a good suggestion but the Leighites are staying at the Holiday Inn and an extra night there may very well cost more than I pay per week for my little apartment. Well pitched advice though for those who stay in more budget priced places.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 am flight to Uk where to spend last hours nearby

Well as many have suggested, its a question of planning those last fading holiday hours and making best use of time and resources. Will seriously consider asked Hol Inn if have space for another pm as to be out of room for hours bit mis. Then take up residence at a restaurant either close by or closer to airport. So grateful for all suggestions as really helpful.