We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa for goa

Manchester
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visa for goa

I am british with Pakistani and Indian parents, who were both British nationals, now deceased. When applying for my goan visa I was shocked to discover the visa will take 45 days due to my parents nationality. I have booked my holiday to leave on 27/12/12, so I don't have the time of 45 days left and so will lose my holiday ruin my Xmas and new year and lost over £1000, has anybody come across this or can anybody give me advice or help

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa for goa

I can't offer advice, I can only wish you luck.

Have you tried contacting VFS and explaining your dates?

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa for goa

Perhaps you could try a Visa agency, they must have good knowledge and previous experience. Good luck.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,641 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa for goa

The delay is because of one of your parents being of Pakistani back ground.

My Father was born in Lahore before the partition of India. He was an Indian national. When I fill in the question on the application regarding Fathers place of birth I've always put Lahore India (although it is in Pakistan) because that's where it was when he was born and they understand that.

As for the delay, all you can do is contact VFS Global and try to get some info but in all honesty the delay will be from the High Commission of India.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,699 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa for goa

Visa genie have been recomended before and they have a telephone number for queries.

http://www.visagenie.co.uk/

Good luck Bibby

Manchester
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa for goa

Thanx

Manchester
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa for goa

Thanx Goangal

hyde
Level Contributor
344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa for goa

Just sent you a pm

bolton
Level Contributor
366 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa for goa

try the jain centre in manchester they may be able to help

good luck

9. Re: Visa for goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 11:17