We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is to much info a bad thing?

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Is to much info a bad thing?

Do you ever feel that we are getting to much info about the goings on in Goa?. The sunbed situation is causeing a lot of worry for some, but there are lots of other things like dry days , a lot of road works near your hotel ect!!.

If we were not members of this forum , we would not know about any of this crap and would be setting of on our hoidays quite blind to what is waiting for us.

When we got there most of us would just deal with it. i begin to wonder if that is the right way to be, as many people are haveing thier holidays spoilt before they even set of!!!.

essex
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is to much info a bad thing?

I agree Vurda. This is our 7th trip to Goa and things change every year. The one constant is that when we get there we totally chill out and always have a great time. Lx

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
923 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is to much info a bad thing?

I too was getting concerned re sun beds etc Vurda !!

Now I just think oh well whatever !! I will still go and deal with whatever happens and have a jolly good time :)

First time back after 7 years so I know things would have changed anyway .! don't think Iit will take away the magic of the place I remember :)

;

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is to much info a bad thing?

I dont think so Vurda...(in my opinion)

as a returning visitor we know what too expect and if we all turned up and things had changed so much to make us want to go elsewhere we would be a little unhappy...

First timers who have not made the choice yet have all this info to help.

For those of us who travel about in India and Goa the beach trouble wont really cause to much of a problem...In secluded beaches there are no shacks or beds and those are often where we tend to head to anyway.

I like to read all this info

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is to much info a bad thing?

I will go and make the best of Goa and have another fantastic adventure with new places to visit whatever the authorities have planned or what the doom and gloom merchants say. Now I must sort these visas out this week! Lol

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is to much info a bad thing?

The reason i am asking is this. my daughter is traveling to Goa and staying in the Nazri apartment I have stayed in . I have not told her what is happening as she does not go untill the end of January , so it could have been sorted out, she could do without the stress.

I also know she is staying where there is a very good pool area . She is also young( ish) and adaptable so if there are no sunbeds she will sit on the beach.I do not even have to ask her that question!!.

She has no interest in reading the foums , so does not know any of the goings on, she is happy and looking forward to her holiday, as everyone should be

I think why spoil it with a lot of info she does not need.She will deal with it as and when!!

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
2,978 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is to much info a bad thing?

I'm with you Stalex. Bring it on! The holiday that is, not the battle with the Visa.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,491 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is to much info a bad thing?

It is not the information that gets people fed up but the way some people keep moaning about things before they even get here and then never bother to comment on what their holiday was like or just moan about the changes since the last time they was here

We have had some great times exploring into Maharashtra and Karnataka, lots of deserted beaches and not a shack or a sunbed for miles and miles but it is also nice to get back to Goa and the normal social beach scene, the excellent food and the easy to obtain chilled alcoholic drink should you so desire

Edited: 19 November 2012, 10:15
Goa, India
Level Contributor
518 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Is to much info a bad thing?

I also find that some isues get inflated unneccessarily (and i don't mean lilos!) For example, it is simply not true to say that sunbeds are currently not available on the beach. You may just have to walk a bit to get to them. Those at the most popular and easily accessible shacks are getting filled up pretty fast, but if you walk along the beach to a quieter shack, you can usually find empty sunbeds throughout the day. Except in Baga, where there are no quieter shacks!

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is to much info a bad thing?

As the saying goes "a little knowledge can be dangerous"!

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is to much info a bad thing?

One good thing about it tho...You now know to take towels to lay on the sand with...we just usually take a sarong or those big sheet type things or something...ok for a bed but useless on the sand.

Ahhh sand...sunbathing...cant wait 3 weeks lol..