We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brits Views on Sunbeds Get into the Press

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,053 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Brits Views on Sunbeds Get into the Press

Hi

Press Today 21 Nov 2012

oheraldo.in/News/…67192.html

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brits Views on Sunbeds Get into the Press

Interesting, lets hope the silly sods sort it out, for everybodys sake.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brits Views on Sunbeds Get into the Press

I'm not holding my breath on anything positive happening, both the Shack Owners Association & the Goan Government need to start talking again, and start talking soon....... The longer this goes on the less likely there is of a positive outcome for anyone...... The real losers are only the visitors & those actually running the shacks..... everyone else is an outsider and is not adversly effected by these actions.

FOR ONCE CHIEF MINISTER, PLEASE LISTEN AND RESPOND TO WHAT IS CLEARLY COMMON SENSE, SORT THIS PROBLEM OUT.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3,052 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brits Views on Sunbeds Get into the Press

Ah I see that the press report includes only the 'English' tourist, brilliant does that mean that as a 'Scot' I get a bed? Don't worry I will charge reasonable rates to rent for the day :o)

Joking aside I do hope this gets sorted soon.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brits Views on Sunbeds Get into the Press

If Scotland gets Independence, you might even get Visa on Arrival.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3,052 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brits Views on Sunbeds Get into the Press

Ha ha brilliant! I will have a word in Wee Eck's ear to get himself out to Goa on another Jolly to set the wheels in motion :o)

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brits Views on Sunbeds Get into the Press

Maybe people should pass the story on to a local paper here,such as the sun.sure the numbers of tourists would be affected then.

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brits Views on Sunbeds Get into the Press

Maybe people should pass the story on to a local paper here,such as the sun.sure the numbers of tourists would be affected then.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brits Views on Sunbeds Get into the Press

I have passed it onto a number of journalists I know out here, and quite simply its not a story. Seems a few brits not getting a sun bed is not top of the Sun readers agenda, if it was the page 3 model not getting a sun bed different story...... LOL

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,228 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brits Views on Sunbeds Get into the Press

20 sunbeds would be nice..

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
859 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brits Views on Sunbeds Get into the Press

Im sorry if this is going to upset some people, and I too am frustrated about the sunbed situation as it will affect us if its not sorted...but....I for one would fine it embarrassing if it went into the "The sun " for example...I mean...how would that look the everyone...Moaning brits complaining about sunbeds" we would become a laughing stock. It is a pain in the butt, but it isnt the be all and end all of the holiday. If Indian press posted about the fact that Blackpool beach didnt have beds for them...what you you do....LAUGH.

And yes Badger...20 would be nice..lol