We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goa Trip

Hyderabad
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Goa Trip

Hi,

I am planning for a vacation along with my spouse of about 4 days and 3 nights in Goa.. I have absolutely no clue about Goa.. We are here mostly for beaches and some other spots. Neither of us booze much.. Can someone point out on which are best places to stay (3 star mostly), what all to put in the itinerary....

Thanks,

Sarath

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,847 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goa Trip

As a general rule, it's busier in the north, and you'll find more three star hotels up there, and quieter in the south, with more five star hotels. But right down in the south - Palolem and Agonda, for example - you'll find lots of beach huts, some of which are pretty luxurious, if a bit pricy. I don't know the north very well, but others on here do.

For the short time you're going to be there, I'd probably just stay with the beach, unless you want to visit a spice farm, or help wash elephants. Or you could visit the World Heritage Site at Old Goa, take a trip to Panjim for a look around, or maybe to the Palacio do Deao in Quepem.

Salzburg, Austria
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Goa Trip

I would definitely suggest a visit to the World Heritage Site of Old Goa with its many churches and museums.

Also do make time to visit Fontainhas, the Latin Quarter of Panjim with its old bungalows, quaint bye lanes and latin flair.

The best restaurants are all in and around Panjim so make sure you eat at a few (Viva Panjim in Fontainhas, Godinhos, Georges, Mums Kitchen etc).

Hope this helps.

3. Re: Goa Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 04:16