We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visas - Applying online do you then pick up from the offices

London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Visas - Applying online do you then pick up from the offices

Have just booked my first trip to Goa today (excited!!) I leave on the 6th Dec so can't do a postal application for the Visa.

The website http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk where you have to order the visa through now is very confusing ! When you apply online it then states you have to get an appointment to take all the documentation into one of the branches. Does this mean you then get given the Visa when you go in ?

Just wondering as the one I can get to in the next few days is in birmingham plus its going to cost me to travel there - wanted to confirm I don't have to go in there twice !! Any advice greatly appreciated :)

(their help line doesn't answer and their premium one is about £1 a min!!)

london
Level Contributor
567 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visas - Applying online do you then pick up from the offices

Hi, you complete and print off you form,you can then drop into one of the v.f.s offices and pay at the same time, track on line ad then collect when ready, I do it this way at goswell road in London, very easy and straightforward, well has been in the past, fingers crossed

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visas - Applying online do you then pick up from the offices

And get your skates on if your flying Dec 6th!.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visas - Applying online do you then pick up from the offices

Just to confirm that yes, you do have to go twice as you can't get a visa in the same day.

You DO have the option of taking your visa in person and then having it returned to you by post.

I agree with SCP about making haste.

Maybe worth it to consider using an agency as the extra fees they charge would be offset by you not have to go to Birmingham twice.

Just wondering why you're planning to go to the Birmingham VFS office if you live in London.....

London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visas - Applying online do you then pick up from the offices

Thanks guys - I have managed to fill out online after much confusion over appointments etc.. I cannot get through to the VFS people to confirm but I am assuming I can now turn up with pwork and photos in hand to submit it. The only appointments available on line were 5th Dec (day before I travel!)

Also tip for those confused about photos most post office photo booths now do the special visa ones for £7 for 4 - after 2 hours trying to work out a solution online I found a booth in my local post office !!

Fingers crossed it all gets sorted in time :)

London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visas - Applying online do you then pick up from the offices

btw I am visiting birmingham as this is where I am staying atm :)

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visas - Applying online do you then pick up from the offices

If your appointment is the day before you fly then you've got no chance of getting your visa back in time.

London
Level Contributor
8,650 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visas - Applying online do you then pick up from the offices

You can turn up without appointment - just means longer wait. When submitting by hand usually ready to pick up on 3rd working day. Believe Goswell Road to be the quietest office in London area. Not sure if you can submit to Birmingham as outside your jurisdiction - perhaps others may confirm. Whatever would do it soon as possible as you now have no leeway, timewise, in case of problem.

8. Re: Visas - Applying online do you then pick up from the offices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 03:15