We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pulling My Hair out TRAINS

cwmbran wales
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Topic
Pulling My Hair out TRAINS

ive tried and tried without success registered with irctc

also registered with

YATRA no foreign cards accepted

MAKEMYTRIP no foreign cards accepted to book trains

CLEARTRIP wont accept my mobile verification number i have had 10 yes 10 new mobile verification sent to me from irctc to book my train with CLEARTRIP wont accept any

This is driving me up the wall and totally useless i need to book train from JODHPUR to JAIPUR for 4 adults and 1 children

Please is there and one on this side of the pond that has a account with CLEARTRIP can book these for me will gladly pay if so please

Private Message really need someones help here

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
460 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Pulling My Hair out TRAINS

Try indiarail.co.uk we have used them many many times they are based in Wembly north London. Ask for Shankar

Wales
Level Contributor
695 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pulling My Hair out TRAINS

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293860-i511-k57…

This is the first post on the all India forum, you may lose more hair but you are nt alone

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
625 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pulling My Hair out TRAINS

k23...if all else fails and your desperate to get from jodhpur to jaipur you will be able to get the tickets on the day although they,ll be 2nd class [ie ] the lowest class most times you,ll be able to upgrade on the train if you see the ticket inspector .we booked with cleartrip karmali to mumbai 2011 when we got to the station the tickets were invalid and had to pay again cleartrip did refund our money [ £4 ] and the journey was something we,ll never forget .in feb weve planed a foray from goa to jaipur via aurangabad and deshnok and this time just sort things out when over there ..good luck.and have a good time don,t get stressed as everything will work out one way or another ,,steve n caz

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pulling My Hair out TRAINS

You could also think of hiring a car. Its just about a 5 hour journey by road. A Toyota Innova will suit your needs and be quite comfortable.

Edited: 24 November 2012, 09:47
East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pulling My Hair out TRAINS

Please see www.seat61.com/india for full information regarding Indian trains and how to register with cleartrip. Long and convoluted but I followed the instructions and they worked perfectly. Failing that you can get an Indian Railpass from SD Enterprises in Wembley who are the UK agents for Indian Rail.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pulling My Hair out TRAINS

Have You booked an Hotel many hotels in india book trains for people who are staying there please give them a bell

Sharon

there is always the foreign quota and tatkal service which can be used on the day

Edited: 24 November 2012, 11:44
cwmbran wales
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pulling My Hair out TRAINS

left a email with SD ENTERPRISES just waiting for them to get back to me

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pulling My Hair out TRAINS

Registering with irtct is relativly simple folowing the instructions given on seat 61 the main thing is getting your one time mobile registration sent buy email but then the problems start irtct will not accept any uk cards so you cant pay clear trip dont have all the trains available and in. A lot of cases te times are wrong just got a icici indian travel card thought i might be able to pay on that but that is not live until it is swiped in India so cant use that just applied for a amex card so will see if that works

cwmbran wales
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pulling My Hair out TRAINS

Finally after 11 mobile verification numbers got one that worked train now booked thanks for all the replies

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
5,934 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pulling My Hair out TRAINS

Alls well that ends well. Have a good Holiday.