We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice Please

Manchester
Level Contributor
168 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Advice Please

Booked my own flights to visit Goa in March 2013 and booked with BA. Just took a quick look at the booking and noticed they have changed flights. Was going from Manchester to London then onto Delhi then down to Goa on way back would be Goa to Mumbai then onto London and then to Manchester.

New flights Manc to Lon then to Delhi then to Mumbai and then Goa same back but with massive 8 hour stop in London b4 i leave for Manc.

Was going 1st March to the 30th

Do i cancel and look for another flight and add a little extra for a one stop flight ??

hyde
Level Contributor
344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice Please

This happened to my son

so he phoned them and sorted it out with only a short time in London

on the out going and in coming flight

Manchester
Level Contributor
168 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice Please

Its a long time in travel and having to visit 3 airports will make it even longer.

hope the folks on here will have an idea

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice Please

I would have thought so many changes would be deemed un reasonable and they should refund you all money paid.not sure how much your flight was but direct flights to goa are coming down.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice Please

Hi atomic,Ive always done BA, Edin>Heathrow>Mumbai>Goa for 8/9 yrs now, 4 yrs ago they changed inward flight from Heathrow >Edinburgh not quite as bed as yourself but a 4 hr wait, ( usually 1 hr ).No happy,phoned them up,kicked up abit,gave them a speil about loyalty etc, got £100 off and changed me flight Heathrow>Aberdeen instead ( 90 mins) wait time.Both airports are an hours drive from home whichever way.At the end of the day,theve broken the contract,get yer money back,just checked BA website there's flights back Mum>Heathrow>Manchester with ( 4hr ) wait.Also atomic dont think there's a direct flight Delhi>Goa like what you said was your 1st option im sure you have to stop in Mumbai anyway ( check that one out ) S

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice Please

A lot of flights between Goa and Delhi stop at Mumbai first and the Delhi passengers stay on the plane while the Mumbai ones get off at Mumbai.

I would get in touch with BA to see if there is an earlier flight back from London to Manchester.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
427 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice Please

Atomic,

There are plenty of flights from Manchester with other airlines. Would they not be better for you rather than flying down to London.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice Please

thomson fly direct to goa , youmay try them if you get your money back

Edited: 09 December 2012, 15:49
goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice Please

Have checked BA London/Man timetable, can't figure how with any BA flight from India you would have 8 hour wait... Think the are trying to fob you off to keep expensive seats available for later bookings... Longest you should have to wait at T5 is 3 hours, shortest 60 minutes.

They are taking bookings on BA fights LHR/MAN on both 30th & 31st March, some prices are however quite high with no apex available.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice Please

With goahappydays on that one, BA's at the capers.S

Manchester
Level Contributor
168 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice Please

sorry goahappydays arrive from Mumbai into London at 07.10 and flight from London to manchester is at 19.55 abit of a wait be faster to book a bus home lol

Have been looking around for a one stop ( Doha) flight and think i have found one for £200 more