We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from Goa and connecting on BA flight in Mumbai

7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flying from Goa and connecting on BA flight in Mumbai

Hello, a little bit of help needed here please:

Have my BA flights sorted already (£450 return) but I am planning on doing some single way internal flights around India. Here is my ideal plan:

1) London to Mumbai (stay in Mumbai for a few days)

2) Single Mumbai to Ahmedabad (stay there for a few days)

3) Single Ahmedabad to Goa (stay there for a few days)

4) Single Goa to Mumbai

5) Mumbai to London

Flight out of Mumbai to London leaves at 13:45 and there are two flight options that same morning out of Goa to Mumbai on GoAir. One leaves at 06:50 and the other at 08:00.

Would I be leaving myself enough time if I get either one of these? Not sure how much time I should factor in with the Goa to Mumbai domestic flight and then getting to the International terminal in Mumbai (checking in baggage, security checks etc).

Looking forward to spending a few days in Goa! :)

Gasquet
Level Contributor
84 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying from Goa and connecting on BA flight in Mumbai

You are talking about an hours difference. The 8:00 flight is prob. fine. You would still have more than three hours at Mumbai. The airport at Goa was Packed! when we arrived for our flight a month ago, jammed with cars and people. We had ample time. There is an amazing difference in the vibe of the Indian airports compared to the US. The facilities have a incredible calmness about them, in spite of the number of people. Airport panic does not appear to affect anyone!

Happy travels.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying from Goa and connecting on BA flight in Mumbai

The 8am flight would give you enough time but I always prefer to stay the night before in the city that my flight leaves from as delays happen at all airports, I would check to see if there's an evening flight out of Goa the night before so that you won't loose a day there.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying from Goa and connecting on BA flight in Mumbai

Hi LazyTexter

Have done the 08.00am flight from Goa to Mumbai then the 13.45 back to London many times youve got loads of time to kill at the international, sometimes the BA check ins aren't open, if you want to go the night before as Chrella says Air India fly from Goa at 10.30pm also Go Air have a flight around that time as well, S

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying from Goa and connecting on BA flight in Mumbai

lazytexter... Both these flights are used by BA as shuttle flights to connect with their afternoon departure from Mumbai, so you should be fine with either.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying from Goa and connecting on BA flight in Mumbai

I'd go for the earlier flight, especially as it does not form part of a through route. If the flight is late, BA will not honour your ticket on a later flight unless it is an open ticket (which I don't think it will be at the bargain price you paid). Keep an eye on the flight times too; they often get changed! My flight from GOI to BOM has changed twice already by two hours and I will check it the day before departure just to be sure there are no further changes - as it forms part of a through ticket to LHR, BA is responsible if the first aircraft gets delayed.

Enjoy your holiday!

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying from Goa and connecting on BA flight in Mumbai

Thanks for quick response guys!

Will probably go ahead with the early flight just in case and keep an eye on flight times...now I need to go away and work out which places to stay at in Mumbai and Goa!

7. Re: Flying from Goa and connecting on BA flight in Mumbai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 10:16