We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watch out

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
934 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Watch out

Just got back from Goa and had my iPhone stolen on Baga beach, it was while I was sunbathing, my phone was in my bag tucked under the sun bed.

It is 14 years since we last went to Goa and cannot believe how much it has grown, especially the rubbish.

It won't stop us from going back, we really enjoyed it and found some super restaurants.

Shame about the cost of visas.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Watch out

What a bummer that is ! I take my I phone away with me and its always on my mind it being stolen small and expensive bit of kit just what the scumbags are on the lookout for hope your insurance covers you .

Southall
Level Contributor
279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Watch out

SBT, i have taken iphones and BB to Goa before and one thing that i always take is a waterproof pouch which goes round your kneck............. best thing i have bought and great if you want to go for a splash in the sea. Like ianmac says hopefully your insurance will cover it!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Watch out

Sorry to hear this :(

As a matter of interest was this reported to the police, and if so was it logged as a theft?

And will your insurance cover you for a theft on the beach? The reason I ask is several years ago, my hubby had his eye glasses stolen on the beach, I suspect from the sellers who congregated around our bed. Mind you you would need good eyesight to see out of them, lol

Our insurance wouldn't cover the loss, I cant remember if it was my household insurance or travel insurance :-/

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Watch out

The only thing I would be happy leaving under my beach towel would be a flip flop!

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Watch out

@stalex. What would you do with the other flip flop then. LOL

SBT - Sorry to hear that. hope you can claim but at least it didnt spoil your holiday.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Watch out

It was nicked by a one legged man June!

Shanghai, China
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Watch out

It is terrible!!!!! Really love Goa

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,605 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Watch out

Sorry to hear this, I can't believe the nerve of some people. I rarely take anything of value to the beach, just to be on the safe side, but have bought a kindle this year and there's no point me taking it if I'm not going to read it on the beach. As the others have said I hope your insurance covers it, but you will need a police report to be able to claim.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,624 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Watch out

STALEX, did you report the theft to the Police? Lol.

Swinton, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Watch out

I'm having an op to have my iPhone surgically removed from my hand just before we leave for Goa so won't be taking it. An old phone, a kindle and my iPod nano will suffice. All more easily replaceable than my iPhone (which can do all three jobs). Sorry bout your loss - hope the insurance pays up