We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reading glasses

Leeds
Level Contributor
389 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
reading glasses

Been looking at a few reviews. opticions in Calangute. Dangui and Romanos. Do they both have similar designer frames. Looking at anti scratch with reactorlite lenses. Do i have an eye test in England prior to coming to Goa ? Thanks...

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reading glasses

Yes i would Jimbo...........my eyes have gone in the past 18 months or so....;-(

Tesco do free tests

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,288 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reading glasses

I have used both those opticians and not had a problem with either of them. Got varifocals with anti scratch and reactolite with frames at a fraction of UK costs. I did take my UK script with me but they still done a test there to make sure the script was the same.

Level Contributor
1,138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reading glasses

reading glasses are £1 a pair at Asda doubt you can get them cheaper in Goa

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,288 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reading glasses

Lol Ian. Jimbo is looking for designer frames anti scratch and reactolite. They don't sell them in my local pound shop.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,821 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reading glasses

Always have an eye test in the UK first. The tests in Goa are generally not up to the same standard, and some of the equipment they use isn't legal here.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
848 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reading glasses

Hi. Just to say we are in candolim at the moment and i have just had my eyes tested, ordered new glasses, anti scratch,anti glare the job lot, 89 quid. But they arrived today and went to pick them up and i can't see a dam thing through them. They said they were right. I said they were not. But have to say they offered me my deposit back without even asking. So for me personally, think i will stick to home .

deal kent
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: reading glasses

been in candolim since nov .used vision + next to bobs innon the main road for two pairs of reactolite varifocals,my son has had two pairs and my friend a pair.no problems with any .qualified optician and very good eye test.

another shop called vision care by casa manik supermarket run by his wife

Leeds
Level Contributor
389 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: reading glasses

Hi. Cliftonion. I often get a pizza from Asda for a Quid :-)

Edited: 16 January 2013, 14:27
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: reading glasses

I always buy my readers at Asda or pound land after paying £300 for two pairs on the highstreet and wrecking both pairs within a month I only need them for reading . In my job they are on and of every 2 mins forever getting stood on

10. Re: reading glasses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2014, 06:17