We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wanting to stay south for a few days

Bamber Bridge...
Level Contributor
129 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
wanting to stay south for a few days

Hi all looking at going down south to Palolem or Agonda for a couple of days my question is it better to book before we leave for Goa or just traveldown with a bag once we are in resort.

Thanks

Maria

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,014 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wanting to stay south for a few days

Just book something when you get there - there will be plenty to look at and plenty to haggle upon. Don't take the first place either.

Bamber Bridge...
Level Contributor
129 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wanting to stay south for a few days

Cheers for that london

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,227 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wanting to stay south for a few days

can do either . decide which you like best upon arrival ? agonda a bit quieter than palolem , but palolem not exactly busy as such ! dont forget cola nearby for a visit . and patnem , get a taste for things here http://tharobster.wordpress.com/ with video/pics

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wanting to stay south for a few days

Dont forget to take a photocopy of your passport & visa with you. You will need a copy of both if you want to book a room.

Susie.x

Bamber Bridge...
Level Contributor
129 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wanting to stay south for a few days

Thanks Susie, will do

tharobster my OH reading through your report as I type likes the paragliding rocks in the sea is anywhere youve travel to good for snorkling at all.

Maria

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,227 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wanting to stay south for a few days

nowhere for snorkling im afraid . i think there might be an island boat trip you can do but seem to remember it being average . there is a thing called canyoning i was wanting to do from palolem . its abseiling and base jumping into pools . never got chance tho but looks ace

london
Level Contributor
671 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wanting to stay south for a few days

Just turn up and look around. Can get much better price especially if you are good at haggling, Did this last year and no problems at all. Why not do both very close to each other. Cola beach is fantastic and worth a visit.

Bamber Bridge...
Level Contributor
129 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wanting to stay south for a few days

Thanks Wendyed thats what we are doing just turn up and look so many places to see.

tharobster did you get round to trying that mango honey did you like

Maria

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,227 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wanting to stay south for a few days

yes the honey is amazing ! got it home ok in a coke bottle in a case . well worth it if you see him on agonda beach carrying a steel bucket . dont know how often he has it or anything but we got it for 1kl weight for 200r i seem to remember .

i put a picture or two on here of the honey , day 9 - …wordpress.com/2013/01/13/goa-trip-day-9/

Edited: 20 January 2013, 14:35
manchester
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: wanting to stay south for a few days

Palolem definitely has more of a bohemian vibe. More people around too, just marginally more beautiful than agonda IMO, agonda though has better restaurants and is so so quiet and lovely, love them both but would probably choose agonda for the total peace and relaxation.