We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A week or not a week?

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Topic
A week or not a week?

Hi All been this season alraedy but would like to get a bit more Goa exposure! Like most of us hlidays are limited, so the question is.........would it be worth it with the flight and all going for a week?? I will add up the responses and see what you all think!

Thanks

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A week or not a week?

We had friends who came over for a week when we were there and had a great time but they were shattered when they got home. I wouldn't go for a week but then a week is better than nothing. In your case you're just being greedy! Lol

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
852 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A week or not a week?

No. Is my opinion. I appreciate holidays are limited but there is no way I would go long haul for a week. It only takes something to go wrong, ie long delays for whatever reason, then you've lost a day straight away.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A week or not a week?

I met quite a few who came for a week wouldn't do it myself but were all different.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
776 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A week or not a week?

I agree with the others and definitely wouldn't go all that way for a week, you'll just be recovering from jet lag and it's time to go home.

Surrey
Level Contributor
223 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A week or not a week?

I would defintely not go all that way just for a week

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
345 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A week or not a week?

We just did a week at Xmas it was fine flew monarch extra leg room seats quite comfy straight to beach and a good sleep on sunbed with monarch you get 7 full night out but with Thomson or Thomas cook last evening you have to leave aprox 9 pm to go airport on 7th evening Does it matter if your shattered when you return as long as you had a good week in sun . So on Friday we are doing it again 1week in candolim can't get the extra time off work so it's a week or nothing ! By the way it only cost £340 each with cosmos holidays so that helps

Level Contributor
1,138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A week or not a week?

1 week is absolutly fine but would need to fly charter, scheduled takes to long

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A week or not a week?

Go for it.

If we could get a week off work and had the money, we would not hesitate....

A week of sun, food and drink. Mmmmmmmmmmm : )

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: A week or not a week?

Well it's about fifty fifty so far. So who will have the deciding vote?!

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A week or not a week?

We did a week a few years ago to keep newbie friends company, and it was fine. As regulars we didn't need the few days finding our feet, and were straight into it, and had a great time

OK, we were a bit knackered for a few days afterwards, but the memories have lasted a lot longer than the jet lag.

Edited: 30 January 2013, 16:40
Get answers to your questions about Goa