We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

teso siolim - killer sunset . designer drinks. trendy

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,248 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
teso siolim - killer sunset . designer drinks. trendy

Teso in siolim , its expensive at 500 cocktails 100 beers but u get what u pay for. Fresh fruit cocktails , premium spirits , and a super deluxe ibizs style setting.... Lokks like ibiza . Its a lounge bar / dayclub / rest , with losfs of led lit cabanas . Very expensive high end install , decking and white couches and rattan loungers everywhere. Really nice lighting , lovely wood , 4ft white plantpots , glass balcony all the way round , blue river lights after sunset , pure luxury.... Treat yourself !

I can see why they built it between siolim and chapora , its sunset heaven . The sun drops perfectly band in the middle of the chapora river mouth . Unreal , one of the top sunset places for sure . 15 mins from baga . 5 from anjuna .

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,082 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: teso siolim - killer sunset . designer drinks. trendy

Hi tharobster

If you think that the spot is great you should have known it in its natural state

prior to being built over.Loads of palms creating shelter from the sun.

For generations it USED to be a spot favoured by the locals for picnicing,watching the sunset and boy meets girl on the quiet . One of the former secret spots now lost for ever in the name of tourism to Goans and foreigners that appreciated GOA and Goan values.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
463 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: teso siolim - killer sunset . designer drinks. trendy

Popped in here early December and has a look round. Absolutely gorgeous. Had a tour of the accomodation too. High end of the budget fabulous accomodation with private riverside garden and private terrace with massage table. Slippers included! We were told it was opening on December 6th and returned but alas they said another three days hopefully. We were there for the sunset and savoured the moment We left before the official opening but will be back soon and will definitely go back. An ideal place for a special occasion I think.

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,248 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: teso siolim - killer sunset . designer drinks. trendy

bruahy there are still miles of unspoilt edges to the river , its only one complex . there are big concrete steps leading into river just nearby so yeh i can tell its a locals spot . im sure they enjoy the jobs and passing trade .

mg23 i agree special occassion, tho still cheaper than home , didnt see accomodation but if its as nice as the complex musy be fab !

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,082 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: teso siolim - killer sunset . designer drinks. trendy

Hi tharobster

Your response shows to me your total lack of experiance and knowledge of Goa its people and their heritage.You pass a flipant remark that because of the steps you can see that its a locals spot and that they enjoy the jobs and

passing trade . WAS a locals spot before development with I am informed the finance etc NOT COMING FROM GOANS plus were the persons serving you the very overpriced drinks etc Goans?? You probably don't know or care

not being able to recognose Konkani from Klingon.The place is a version of the Ibiza that you have seemingly been accustomed to.We were present at the inauguration so do know of it.

The steps incidently were where Local Fishermen USED to land the catches that was prior to the trawlers trawling up fish of all sizes with undersize nets in order to fuel the hungry tourists. Is the place creating noise with music etc after the permitted hours and getting away with it through the pocket money system destroying the sleep of the average locals in the vacinity .You dont't know is my guess and probably dont give a sh** anyway.Try talking to locals sometimes not the shack and tourist place employees and get a feel of the REAL Goa and its Goan people and enjoy a pleasant evening with a group of them in a non touristy place where many of them do not feel comfortable.Their English is sometimes a little sparce or accented but so is our Konkani and we get on fine and enjoy life with/amongst them and feel happier for the experiance.

Edited: 04 February 2013, 18:05
Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: teso siolim - killer sunset . designer drinks. trendy

Bruahy,

As much as I love reading your posts I think you are being very harsh on the OP.

This is a tourist forum and he was commenting on his experience of one place.

Tourists change everywhere we go and like it or not you have changed Goa by your visits.

You may not like what you are seeing in Goa but it certainly is not tharobsters fault.

Apology required I think.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
liverpool
Level Contributor
4,248 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: teso siolim - killer sunset . designer drinks. trendy

Dearest bruahy sorry your having such a bad day. At least if your ranting here your not boring somebody else. Ive made more of an effort to see goa than a lot of tourists but admit i know less than some. I do like both sides of it and im not ashamed in going miles off the grid or splurging , im perfectly happy with my choices. Also calling russians klingons wtf at least i didnt insult a nation with sterotypical dross ? Dont worry your fishermen where still fishing yesterday in chapora late into nite with torches too . Nor can i help it if goans dont like 'those places'. And is it so bad to economy if an outsider injects big dollars into building it? What fishermans nets got to do with me i dont eat fish ! Finally the 'flippant remark' was an observation about the steps and agreeing with you, the irony. Anyway if you so object to tourism and drvelopment then dont go and dont add to it. Bet youve never gone in any tourist aimed place for food drink groceries or accom hey . The arrogance waz amusing over brunch cherrs mate l karma says youll break down on the way to work so fingers crossed

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: teso siolim - killer sunset . designer drinks. trendy

I have enjoyed reading robsters posts and seeing aspects of Goa through fresh eyes. I think everyone who goes there or lives there is contributing in some way to change in that country, so none of us are blameless in this respect.

I have found it very interesting to hear about the places robster has been that I have not seen myself and also his descriptions of the food have been excellent and very entertaining. I think his comments are quite in keeping with the needs of this forum.

Thats my take on it anyway.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,471 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: teso siolim - killer sunset . designer drinks. trendy

I also think that your reply ( Bruhay ) was very harsh, if your that bothered that tourism as changed the Goans way of life ( For the worse ). then you need to complain to every member on this forum....This is a tourist forum and Robs reports are very much appreciated, even though we will prob never go to some of the places he as reported about, we still love reading the reports and are now starting to realise there is more to Goa than CCB.......

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
625 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: teso siolim - killer sunset . designer drinks. trendy

Don,t know bruahy or tharobster personally but it sounds like tharobster is an agile open minded young man that shares his travel experiences and passes on information to like minded tourists .After all is,nt this what these forums are for ? . Me ..oh love rough arseing Goa on foot buses trains and picked up many a tips while reading peoples posts Unfortunatly bruahy tourism is a global market some things change for the better some things get worse .Blame old c columbus mr f drake f magellan they started it all off lol ....steve

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
625 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: teso siolim - killer sunset . designer drinks. trendy

PS and vasco da gama 1498