We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary

Glasgow
Level Contributor
291 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary

Hi, we were are considering going to India for around 12 nights. I would like to see as much as possible.

Would this itinerary be a bit unrealistic? Or okay?

Delhi - 4 nights

Goa 4 nights

Mumbai - 4 nights

We would arrive in Delhi. Domestic flight to Goa. Then domestic flight or drive to Mumbai.

Thanks, Brian

england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary

I personally would not have four nights in Delhi and mumbai.how abt fly into Delhi and have a night there,see a few places.i do not rate Delhi.arrange for a driver for a few days.can reccomend four wheel drive.the driver can collect you at Delhi.second day drive to Agra( five hours). Night there and see taj mahal.following day drive to Jaipur(6 hrs) and have two nights there.you can fly from Jaipur to goa.have six nights in goa.then end with two in Mumbai.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary

I wouldn't drive from Goa to Mumbai either, specially when you get in to Mumbai, the roads are totally chaotic as well as dangerous.

Chelseawolves itinerary seems a good one, why not give that a try.

Level Contributor
1,138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary

Think I would knock a couple of days off delhi and mumbi and travel buy train would see a lot more of india

Glasgow
Level Contributor
291 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary

Hi

Thanks for all the replies. The Delhi-Agra-Jaipur sounds like a good plan.

Ideally, Goa would be final destination but BA do not fly from there, hence why I was making Mumbai last.

It would probably not be until next January 2014 we would be going but need to plan in advance to get the time off work.

Re the driver, yes that would be something to consider thanks.

Re the train idea, I will look into this.

If anyone has anymore advice it would be appreciated.

Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary

Well, I think it sound a great combination. Have visited Delhi for almost 2 weeks and it wasn't long enough, other trips had involved just 2 days there which had not been enough time. You can easily do a day trip from New Delhi to the Taj Mahal and get to see a bit of the desert landscape en route. Bombay - spent 2 days at Nariman Point in December and barely scraped the surface of South Bombay, no time even for the world famous modern art gallery or the museums, let alone any other parts of this truly amazing city. Will have 3 or 4 days there in January and looking forward to having a quick whistlestop tour of Bandra Bandstand and the shops on Linking Road on an 8 hour transit through Bombay this April.

My tip is to fly between places, not to travel by train. The trains are very slow and, although there are some choice people watching opportunities available, you will cut into what is quite a tight timeframe. If you really want to experience an Indian train, get on a local train in Delhi or Bombay for somewhere half an hour or so just for the experience. And when in Bombay, even if you loathe trains, you will want to spend several hours at Victoria Terminus, the UNESCO listed cathedral of a train station. The ticket hall has a cloistered entrance, mosaiced floor, vaulted ceiling and stained glass windows. Old fashioned cafeterias in the concourse, old brass and broze plaques commemorating visits of the great and the good in the 1920s, amazing stone carving everywhere and a huge stone lion and lioness at the main entrance. You cannot take enough photographs there! It makes the Central Station (in Glasgow) look very insignificant but also makes you realise how many Scots must have been at Victoria Terminus in the early days as so many of the trains were manufactured in Glasgow that an army of locomotive engineers was deployed there.

4 days in Goa, just an hour's flight from Bombay, will recharge your batteries (and offer some great sightseeing if you spend a day at Old Goa and then Panjim for the old Portuguese heritage buildings as well as a general drive around for the rest of that day). You may feel you have not had enough time in any of the places, but will have got a good tasting menu of each....

Edited: 09 February 2013, 08:07
Glasgow
Level Contributor
291 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary

Hi it looks like the only month we can come to India would be January. I have read online it will be dry, and that Delhi can be foggy and cool in January but the the South e.g. Mumbai and Goa should still be pretty warm.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

I definitely want to enjoy some sunshine when there so just wanting to get an idea of how it would be before booking anything?

Thanks, Brian

7. Re: Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2015, 05:17