We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goa, a good area for us??

Liberec
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Goa, a good area for us??

Hi there!

We are going to Goa for the first time and we are going to stay for a week. I was really hoping for a kind of staying-in-a-beach-bungalow kind of break like I've had in South East Asia. I'd prefer not to be in a hotel high-rise, but in a laid-back type of area. We love having drinks/dinner directly on the beach sans shoes... which of the beaches should I look into? We also like a bit of night-life, but not crazy parties right next door... but we are young and child-free! We were also hoping for a place with air-con, is this an impossible wish with the bungalow-type accomodation? We'll be flying in, so less than two hours from the airport by bus would help. ( : Does anyone have a favourite area to recommend? Thanks so much in advance for any help.

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
428 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goa, a good area for us??

I woud have a look at Agonda Beach. It's about 90 minutes south from the airport and ticks your boxes for the staying-on-the-beach vibe. Plenty of shacks for your drinking and dining along the beach and loads of choices for accommodation. You may find it ok in a hut with a fan since there is a nice sea breeze but some of the posher rooms (H20 etc) do have air-con I believe.

Depending on what time of year you visit then it can be very quiet but the next village/beach on is Palolem where there's a bit more going on in the evenings (only ten minutes away).

The other alternative is to head north and base yourself at Vagator or Arambol. Both nice and travellery rather than hotel based package holiday makers who tend to be based around the Baga/Calangute/Candolim strip.

Have a look at tharobster's Blog if you can find his link. His blog is accurate and an entertaining read with good pic's too!

Enjoy!

Edited: 11 February 2013, 20:19
Liberec
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Goa, a good area for us??

That's just perfect- thanks so much for your great advice, I'm going to look into all your suggestions!

Thanks again. ( :

3. Re: Goa, a good area for us??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2014, 07:17