We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian Visa

Leigh, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Indian Visa

I am going to India in about 3 weeks- I have tried to do it on-line but it has been very difficult. Would i just print and complete the form and take it to the centre in Manchester? Will they just sort it there any then?

Does anyone know of a contact number to the centre?

Cheers

Jackie

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,873 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian Visa

No, they won't sort it there and then. They have to send it to the Indian High Commission. As far as I understand it you need to fill in the forms online, and then either print them off and send them in the post to the Hayes address, or make an appointment to go in to the centre (in your case Manchester) where they will process it. You can then elect either to collect it yourself, or have it mailed back to you, but you will need to provide special delivery SAEs. And you're not leaving yourself very much time!

Wales
Level Contributor
721 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian Visa

Your only alternate to due process is to use one of the visa agents such as:

visagenie.co.uk/Visa-Requirements/…20Visa

Most of us have found meerkats guide adeqate:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…46399315

north wales
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian Visa

hi Jackie if you say what problems you are having there is plenty of people on here that will help you

Dudley, West...
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian Visa

Jackie,

I have never been to the Manchester office as we use Birmingham.

First of all you must fill in the forms online and print them. Make a note of the initial reference number in case you have to get back in and then the application reference number at the end. Dont forget to fill in and print the 'declaration' - its a separate form.

Because of the constant problems with the online site if we get to the Birmingham office just before it opens we can get in without an appointment. The guy on the door issues a ticket and you wait until your number comes up.

Make sure you have the correct 2x2 inch photographs, they no longer accept British passport size photos.

It takes three days in Birmingham for the passport/forms to go to the Consulate and be processed. If you pay £1 extra they will text you with the progress of your forms and when the passport is ready for collection.

If you haven't got the time to go to the office yourself you need an agent to it for you. Most Indian travel agents do it or will know someone who does it but you will have to pay them.

Its the same firm in Birmingham and Manchester so I suspect their proceedures are the same. Good Luck.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indian Visa

I am having horrific problems with the online visa application here in the US Everytime I try to put in the date of issue for my or my husbands US passports ( both of which are brand new so have dates this month) once I put in the expiration date the date of issue dissappears. The Travisa outsourcing people cannot help me as the problem lies with the online application site owned by the Indian Government. We are leaving on a cruise April 15 Does anyone have any suggestions of whom I should contact or call

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,446 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indian Visa

sbjbt,

Maybe the issue is with your browser. I tried filling in a dummy application at https:/…indianVisaReg.jsp and it worked fine for me. Try with Google chrome instead of IE.

Note that dates have to entered in DD/MM/YYYY format, using their calendar link on the right.

Edited: 23 March 2013, 04:50
Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Indian Visa

Sbjbt

Are you putting the date in correctly as the American way of writing the date is different to how we do it in the uk ?

I had a prob with my passport in vegas last nov and it was because the hotel didn't read the date correctly on my passport .

We enter the date such for say 10th feb 2010 we put 10/02/2010 where in the USA they put 02/10/2010 it may be that simple.

8. Re: Indian Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2014, 04:15