We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hangover cures!

SAINTHELENS
Level Contributor
235 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
hangover cures!

All this talk of honeybee and favourite bars/ restaurants got me thinking! What are your best goan hangover cures? (might need 1 or 2 in a few weeks) my favourite is a sausage and egg sandwich washed down with a ice cool limca and ginger beer !!

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hangover cures!

GGrr I have a Honeybee head this morning and I'm in work!! Lol I always have a plain or cocnut lassi in the morning in Goa which sorts me out for the day especially my stomach.

Castlederg
Level Contributor
543 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hangover cures!

Or avoid hangover and stay drunk?. I find eggs ov sum sort plenty of coffee and bottle ov water sorts me out untill its beer o,clock again. Ha ha.also I find if u take ur h.b with soda or 7up not coke u don't have shuch a banging head. Have a good holls

SAINTHELENS
Level Contributor
235 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hangover cures!

Ur right Gary it's always beer o'clock in goa ! Ive never.tried the lassi stalex is it like milkshake ? I remember having a strawberry milkshake one year overlooking thehustle and bustle of the early morning panajim ferry.which quickly lead to more beer !! Great memories

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,847 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hangover cures!

Himalaya Herbals makes some tablets called Party Smart. I think you take them before you go out, and when you get back. If you remember. I haven't tried them, but I thought it was quite a good idea!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hangover cures!

A fry up and coffee, works every time.

Wales
Level Contributor
706 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hangover cures!

Prevention better than cure, 25%HB to 75% coke, stay hydrated with good sugar levels, you may still fall over or be unitelligable when speaking but you don't miss the early morning walk along the beach.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,602 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hangover cures!

I try to avoid hangovers whenever possible nowadays as nothing really 'cures' me and I end up feeling yucky all day which isn't good on holiday. Only had one hangover on our last trip - a combination of 2 Betty's special cocktails followed by 2 honeybee & diet cokes was obviously not a good mix. After 24 hours off alcohol with lots of water and a few lime and sodas I was back to normal.

Might buy some party smart if anybody can comfirm they actually work - I can't imagine a herbal remedy doing any harm ;-)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
854 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hangover cures!

Have to say, I'm one of those lucky ones. Never get a hangover so don't know how to cure one lol

SAINTHELENS
Level Contributor
235 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hangover cures!

Herbals and party smart might be worth a try ! I cant really see the drinking in moderation working with so many temptations !!!

SAINTHELENS
Level Contributor
235 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hangover cures!

Early morning walk on the beach with a fry up and strong coffee might work