We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newbie Here

Woking, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Newbie Here

I have followed tripadvisor forums for many years as a guest and normally have found out the info that I have need without asking lots of questions.

However this time I am stumped hence the need to sign up.

I have not been to Goa For over 10 years and in a moment of absolute madness I booked flights via Mumbai for the Christmas period. (was shocked at the price of Visa may not have booked if i had known before hand ) I digress.

I am looking for villa accommodation in South Goa and so far have found Lusia By The Sea Cavelossim, various villas at a complex called Whispering Palms Covla and quite a few rentals at a place called Tarkia Gold in Vacra.

I have been unable to find any info on here about the Whispering Palms and Tarkia Gold complexes. If anyone can shed anylight on theses I would be so grateful, are they far from beach , standard of villas, far from shops , restaurants etc .

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newbie Here

Bump!

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,873 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newbie Here

I don't know the Whispering Palms in Colva, but have just looked it up on the map and it's quite a way from the beach. It would be about a 25 minute walk, I should think. There are shops not too far away from there though.

And this is the review page on here for the Tarika Gold complex in Varca.

http://bit.ly/13PKWJ2

Woking, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Newbie Here

LondonGoaGirl

Thank you for the link re Tarkia Gold, it was good to see the reviews just wish there was something more up to date.

Whispering Palms mmmm 25 min walk to beach that would mean a tuk tuk or taxi, again I wish I could get some input from someone who has either visited or stayed at either resort in the past few months.

My other concern is the thread on here saying that Covla is really very dirty, but does it have more restaurants than Vacra ?

But again thank you for taking the time to reply

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,873 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newbie Here

Sorry I can't be more help. However, the two resorts you are looking at are called Colva and Varca, not Covla and Vacra, and the complex in Varca is Tarika Gold, not Tarkia. I'm not picking holes, but quite often you'll find more information if you're looking for the right thing.

Colva does have more restaurants than Varca and it's not all dirty. Most restaurants would be about a 15 to 20 minute walk.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newbie Here

Was in the Colva area a couple of weeks ago and did not find it any worse than any other area, we saw gangs of cleaners picking up rubbish around the beach and the car parking area most days

The sad thing is any area can look bad before the cleaners get started, especially after the weekend tourists have discarded their picnic plates, bottles, cans and cleared the rubbish out of their cars, even the ones who bag it up seem to get great pleasure dumping it out the window as they drive down the road

Luisa By The Sea is a very nice complex, but I personally find Cavelossim a boring place after a few days but at least the weekend tourists do not seem to go there, so that’s a bonus however Benaulim, Colva and even Betalbatim have more life

6. Re: Newbie Here

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2014, 05:19