We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangla music/dancing

London
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
Bangla music/dancing

We are off to Candolim on Saturday - yippee! Having been to Goa a few times we have never found a bar or restaurant that has Bangla music or dancing. Does anyone know if anywhere has this on the Candolim/Calangute areas?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangla music/dancing

Bangla or Bangra? You'd probably find it in London, but an unlikely find, I think, in Goa.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangla music/dancing

Come to Brum for some Bangra, as Londonraffles says, i've never heard it in Goa

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangla music/dancing

You might find it some nights in Titos or Mambos, as I know I've heard Punjabi MC there (from Cov, you know). But that's played all over the place. A lot of young Indians flock to Tito's lane, so I would have thought there woukd be some demand there. Maybe a younger local might know.

Edited: 18 March 2013, 13:29
London
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangla music/dancing

Thanks everyone. I just thought it would be nice to listen to some Indian music as opposed to rock music bearing in mind we are in India !!

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangla music/dancing

You could always try some Goan trance.......;-)

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,616 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangla music/dancing

Bangra music is more associated with the Punjab rather than Goa.

7. Re: Bangla music/dancing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 06:17