We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Taj Mahal/Golden Triangle Tours

London
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Taj Mahal/Golden Triangle Tours

We're a couple in our late 20s going to Goa in Nov this year for 2 weeks and would like to include a trip to the Taj Mahal during our stay. Is it worth doing the full Golden Triangle tour as well and if so is it best to do the whole thing from Goa or book domestic flights and then join a tour in Dehli?

Has anyone got any recommendations for good tour operators? We are on a bit of a budget and know we could do it cheaply ourselves on trains etc so are weighing up whether it's worth doing an organised tour.

Thanks!

G

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Taj Mahal/Golden Triangle Tours

Have a look at the "Top questions about Goa" on the right hand side of the page.......lots of good info on there.

Wolf

Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Taj Mahal/Golden Triangle Tours

Hello

My partner and I went through the same thought process when booking out trip to India. We leave in May and decided on the tucan travel golden triangle option - likewise we were on a budget but wanted to see the key sites. The trip takes the stress out of accommodation and transport and you pay separately for the attractions you want to see. Therefore you pay a basic cost for the tour and are in control of the sights you want to see etc.

I will let you know how it goes once we have completed the tour, definitely worth a look though as its a lot cheaper than GAP or STA while offering more flexibility.

Just let me know if you have any other questions :)

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,434 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Taj Mahal/Golden Triangle Tours

We did it in 2011. I booked all of our internal flights through "Cleartrip" on line from UK. . I searched and booked our hotels in the various places, that's Agra, Delhi and Jaipur, we also booked for Amritsar in order to see the Golden temple. again online from UK. I then contacted Deepa Krshnan at "Mumbai Magic" to supply our guides (these were for us only and not part of a group) and air conditioned cars.

The total cost was £1005 for the two of us. Considering what you would pay for a similar organised trip, this was pretty cheap. I know some people will have done it cheaper but we didn't chose the cheapest hotels and our guide and car service was second to none.

I did put Amritsar separately because that part of the trip went wrong, only because Kingfisher airlines that we booked with were in financial difficulty and cancelled that flight.

Hope this is of some use.

BOB...

Arpora, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Taj Mahal/Golden Triangle Tours

good tour operator for the golden triangle is intrepid travel. you start and finish in delhi, so just book your own domestic flights. i have used intrepid for numerous trips within india and asia and never a complaint. well worth doing the full triangle

www.intrepidtravel.com

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Taj Mahal/Golden Triangle Tours

hi g,,,click on to ,, DAVIDAIR,,the best there in candolim,,,,u know what i meen wolfy,,,lol,,,,,,,,,BAZZ

Edited: 28 March 2013, 08:40
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Taj Mahal/Golden Triangle Tours

Golden Triangle is definately a must trip if you are visiting india for the first time. How many days stays are your planning in India? It will be easier to suggest itineriary accordingly

porthcawl uk
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Taj Mahal/Golden Triangle Tours

Did the taj Mahal tour earlier this month. I thoroughly recommend Deepak. You will find him on the Agra forum. Arranged all through him and was looked after very well for a reasonable price. He also arranges golden triangle tours. If u want more info u can pm me.

Paul

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,434 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Taj Mahal/Golden Triangle Tours

I've e mailed Deepak recently for another trip. Unfortunately he's suffering a medical problem at the moment which will probably be on going. I wish him well.

BOB...

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,127 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Taj Mahal/Golden Triangle Tours

Hello GG....,

If you scratch forum a bit you can organize this trip by yourself...you need to fly to Delhi.The cities in Golden Triangle are well connected by road and train ...5/6 nights are good enough to do GT.

Thanks and Regards

Rashid Agra

China
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Taj Mahal/Golden Triangle Tours

I recommend grand travel planner- have just done golden triangle tour with them And will use them again for other trips to India

You let them know what dates/sites you're interested in and they'll send a no obligation (nor pushiness) quote - and revise the quote as often as you need, so that the tour is tailored to suit your needs. As an early 30's solo female traveller, I was always put at ease to know they would reply honestly and quickly to my emails pre-tour, and everything worked out just as they promised in the quote/ itinerary. They take the stress out of the planning and handle it all, from providing quality (safe/reliable/friendly/English speaking) drivers, knowledgeable guides, entry fees and a few other nice treats that other companies don't. Their very competitively priced and even though I chose to select my own accommodation, they can also recommend or include it as one price.

Check out their website and I'm sure you'll be pleased with their service and price, just as I and many others have been!!

http://www.grandtravelplanner.com/