We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report goa March 2013

Patna, India
Level Contributor
203 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report goa March 2013

We (two kids aged 8 and 14, OH & Me ) traveled to Goa in the 4th week of March '13 for 5 days. Stayed at the Farenheit Hotel in Baga which I have reviewed separately which was mostly good on account of its location in Baga and its proximity to the beach. I had thought the weather would be too hot to venture outside but was pleasantly surprised. While it was too hot to go outside in the afternoons, It was good enough in the morning for Lazing on the Beach in the Sunbeds and in the evenings it was plesant enough to venture anywhere.

We spent Mornings Lazing on the beach just behind the hotel, it was a nice area and the Love shack had decent enough drinks with the fruit vendor lady supplying good fruits. We didn't try the food in the love shack as we had good breakfast in the hotel and preferred to eat our meals outside in proper restaurants and places like Britto's.Also that we are veggies and hence not much of our interest in shacks. We were never charged for the sunbeds in the Love Shack as we gave some custom to the shack and sometimes got massages done by their people. I remember a very friendly chap by the name of Bobby there. The area was very peaceful with mostly UK tourists on the beach, i guess from nearby places like vila Goesa. Very few Indian tourists on the beach there although our hotel was full of them.

We had above fantastic to above average meals in places like Thalassa, Britto's, The plantain leaf, Shree Sagar ( baga) , Republic of Noodle, chocolatti, street food on Miramar beach, over the flames,and in the Saturday night market ( ingo's ) and average meals in Tuscany Gardens and J&A's little Italy. The choice of restaurants, even for a veggie, in the c/c/b area was amazing and I wonder why would anyone ever stay outside this belt except for the peace and quiet of the south Goa. Infantria bakery was nice. Had a very helpful book called Times Good Food Guide to Goa.

We went to both the Ingo's market and Wednesday Flea market. Ingo's was amazing with some of the best Nachos I have ever eaten, amazing ambience and the Wednesday market was just about average, maybe it was too hot. Went for a cruise on the river Mandovi in Panjim and thoroughly enjoyed it, they make it so interactive. Used the taxis a lot and although they are expensive, you take it as a part of the price of the vacation and accept it.

Found the western tourists very chilled out and cooperative and some of the Indian tourists a bit overbearing.

Just lying at baga beach in the evening outside Britto's, getting a foot massage done was amazing, very happening beach.

Amazing Holiday, hope to return soon.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Baga
Baga
North Goa District, India
Miramar Beach
Miramar Beach
828 Reviews
Panjim, India
The Saturday Night Market
The Saturday Night Market
994 Reviews
Arpora, India
Panjim
Panjim
North Goa District, India
Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report goa March 2013

Good report.

Thank you for posting.

Wolf

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report goa March 2013

sounds like you had a fantastic time!

Patna, India
Level Contributor
203 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report goa March 2013

yes i did , Dragonfli....

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report goa March 2013

A very well balanced report and a very enjoyable holiday by the sound of it.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,828 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report goa March 2013

Enjoyed reading your report, thanks for sharing.

Patna, India
Level Contributor
203 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report goa March 2013

Thank you for reading and hope to post some pictures soon...had a great time....

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report goa March 2013

Thank you for the nice little details.

Did you miss the water sports or were there none? Well. I hope there were none!

- Jyoti

Patna, India
Level Contributor
203 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report goa March 2013

Hello Jyoti,

There was all the water sports on Baga Beach and my older daughter wanted to do them all but heeding the warnings here at the forum , apart from a Brief one minute Water Scooter ride for her, I did not allow anything else....

Mentioned in this post
Baga Beach
Baga Beach
2,782 Reviews
Baga, India
Patna, India
Level Contributor
203 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report goa March 2013

and http://www.flickr.com/photos/37350865@N07/sets/72157633191126107/ are some pictures on flickr of the trip.

Edited: 08 April 2013, 13:50
london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,077 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report goa March 2013

Thank you for your Very Enjoyable Post and the Lovely Photo's:-)) Gel