We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another season almost over, whose back next year?

wolverhampton
Level Contributor
983 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Another season almost over, whose back next year?

Sadly we cancelled our next years trip and we are now going to Mexico, never been before so don't really know how I will feel about it till I'm there. Looking at things we wont be back in Goa until 2016 as we celebrate my husbands 50th and our silver wedding anniversary in 2015 and hopefully booking Mauritius .

So who is going or thinking of going next season. Still need my fix so will look forward to reading the trip reports.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
423 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Another season almost over, whose back next year?

Hi Chrella,

Agree with what you say about the Thai beaches but i find the beach at Nha Trang (Vietnam) to be as good as the beaches at Calangute/Candolim/Baga.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,041 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Another season almost over, whose back next year?

Aljuan what time of year did you go to Nha Trang as that is were we would like to go.:-)) Gel

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Another season almost over, whose back next year?

We are giving it a miss next year because of the visa price rise, going to Thailand instead. Hope the rumours of a £200 visa aren't true, I doubt we will ever go again if that happens.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
423 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Another season almost over, whose back next year?

Hi LondonGel,

Got to Nha Trang March 14th and left there on the 2nd of April. It was hot and sunny all the time we were there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Another season almost over, whose back next year?

Just come back from Cuba staying in Cayo Guillermo.

Stayed at the Sol Cayo Guillermo which was remarkably similar to the Dona Sylvia Cavellosim.

The gardens, general accomodation and service were almost identical although or room at the Sol was better than the Dona Sylvia room.

The Sol's food and drinks were actually better than the Dona Sylvia which in itself was very good.

The beach at the Sol was even better than the beach at Cavellosim although we loved the South Goa beaches.

There is definitely more to do and see around South Goa but the walks and birdwatching around the Sol even outstripped the area around the Dona Sylvia.

I'm afraid a return visit to Goa has now taken third place behind the Sol Cayo Guillermo and the Sheraton Gambia but is slightly ahead of the Happy Life Dahab.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,041 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Another season almost over, whose back next year?

Thank you Aljuan we always go to Goa in December so would have to have another holiday, sounds good me to, Many thanks for the info. :-)) Gel

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Another season almost over, whose back next year?

Doubt it for us. Lost its shine now after going since 1996.

Afraid North Goa is a complete dump.

Swinton, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Another season almost over, whose back next year?

Goaaddict - alreadycbooked for first two weeks in February in Haathi Mahal, Cavelossim.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
288 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Another season almost over, whose back next year?

Booked 1/12 for 6 weeks, don't care what happens.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
1 post
Save Reply
20. Re: Another season almost over, whose back next year?

Next year Camiguin Island and El Nido in the Philipinnes.

Goa has lost its charm and has become a dump.