We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel out of these 3...... Please help

6 posts
Save Topic
Which hotel out of these 3...... Please help

We are planning a trip to Goa in January 2014 and want an all inclusive beach front location. This beach stay will be relaxation after intense sight seeing trip in India. We are having difficulty choosing between the below three hotel options.

Have you stayed there? What were the good and bad points? In an ideal world there may even be someone who has been or seen more than one of These hotels? Beach is a big factor for us.... Does anyone know which of the three hotel beaches are nicest? I would say hopefully calm waters and quite quiet but not isolating or nothing around

Cidade de goa beach resort

Vainguinium beach

North goa

Doña Sylvia beach resort

Cavelossim Beach

South goa

Heritage village club

Arissom beach

South goa

I welcome any comments and look forward to hearing from others soon. Many thanks in advance.

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,060 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel out of these 3...... Please help

why not stay in agonda , proper south goa ? eat at any restaurant all on the beach for a couple of quid . see agonda here tharobster.wordpress.com . dunhills resort is amazing , others say white sands and h20 . its goas best beach , then day trip to cola and palolem and patnem all 10 mins away

…wordpress.com/2013/01/dscf1898.jpg beachfront !

Edited: 28 April 2013, 20:50
london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel out of these 3...... Please help

Hi We have stayed at the Heritage a few years back, its quiet isolated but its a nice hotel, it is very near the beach, you would have to take Taxi wherever you wonted to go,Cavelossim is much busier and you would be able to walk to restaurants and the beach, i don't know anything about Dona Sylvia. can't help with the North.;-)) Gel

Wales
Level Contributor
700 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel out of these 3...... Please help

For relaxation and to be able to walk outside the hotel without hassle into a local village without a tourist shop in sight, good fod and impeccable service go to the Heritage, it's central location means it is only 20 minutes from the airport and if you should feel the need to wander there is a taxi rank outside

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel out of these 3...... Please help

The Cidade does not have a wonderfull beach to walk along it is set at the mouth of a river , and i think some of the beach is man made. if a nice beach area is important to relax on , count the Cidade out. much better beaches elsewhere in Goa.

And i have got to say it , think about going B&B ,there is some wonderfull food to be had while in Goa, most of us would never dream of going AI . unless it was a deal . Trapped into a large hotel where the food is often not as good as the food outside it, you could well miss the ambiance that is Goa, and that would be a pity.

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel out of these 3...... Please help

AI in Goa is really not required. So many inexpensive places to eat and drink.

Loads of opinions on this forum about AI. Do a search read up and make your mind up.

For me I would never do an AI in Goa.

Up to you.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel out of these 3...... Please help

H2O at Agonda is very boutiquey and classy. The sea facing terrace is all billowing black and mauve gauze with black sofas and armchairs and the restaurant is just behind (you can have starters at the bar area and move to your table when the main courses are cooked).Double sun beds too. Tharobster must have been time traveling to get to Palolem and Patnem in 10 minutes, more like 15 and 20 minutes! Nice beach at Agonda but it is a bit far south if you want to see Old Goa and it would take almost 2 hours each way, just under an hour to Margao if the traffic his light. Cavelossim Beach is stunning - the Dona Sylvia is an all inclusive hotel on the main drag of the beach. Personally prefer the beach further along where the shacks are not cheek by jowl, just by the Holiday Inn or the Leela Kempinski. You can sometimes find deals on the Holiday Inn for accommodation only, less so at the Leela which attracts a very wealthy international crowd as well as very rich Indians and doesn't really do much in the way of deals.

Happy holiday planning.

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,060 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel out of these 3...... Please help

sat nav verified from fern gardenia palolem to agonda = 7 mins , only about 4 miles i think it was ? but ill happily take the time travel any day of the week , please hook me up !!

thanks marty mcfly ;)

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,479 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel out of these 3...... Please help

We've never stayed at the Dona Sylvia as we always stay b&b in Cavelossim as enjoy eating out at different restaurants. Regarding location, the DS is in a central position in the middle of Cavelossim within easy walking distance of shops, shacks and restuarants. The beach is beautiful, though like Londonraffles we prefer the quieter stretch of beach outside the Holiday Inn. If you turn left from the Dona Sylvia you can walk past the Holiday Inn and Leela and continue on to the mouth of the River Sal. In the other direction you can walk for miles, though Colva is the furthest we've managed. In parts the beach is deserted, we've had some lovely walks watching the sand crabs scurrying around on the beach whilst the sea eagles fly overhead.

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which hotel out of these 3...... Please help

Hi for 10 years we stayed in calungute ,candolim side, a going from hotel towhitehouse guest house and loved it but it became busier and busier the tourists became less respectful of the Goan culture Infact we compared it to Benidorm, we fell out of love with North Goa and ventured south.

Stayed in Benaulim in Camilsons guest house, and for the following seven years rented Apartments. In Varca next year Majorda. we find the beaches in the South quieter and more to our liking. We found apartments on Internet Nd have never had a problem. Hotels we have stayed in include T aJ, Osborne, Goan Heritage, which was the best beach facing hotel in the North.

I notice that someone has mentioned Agonda , another beautiful peaceful. Place but the accommodations are mainly beach huts and whilst we love a couple of nights but accommodations not what I want for any longer,.

Hope you have a fab trip

10. Re: Which hotel out of these 3...... Please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 April 2013, 10:36