We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new visa centre-Leicester

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
666 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
new visa centre-Leicester

It was on local news last night, the new indian visa centre will be opened in Leicester in 4 months

Because of our large indian population it is estimated it will have 500 people a day using it.

This will be open in time for people applying for visas for the next season in goa.

This may be of interest for TA'S who need to visit the centre in person from Leicester, nottingham, Derby etc easier to get to than birmingham.

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,871 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new visa centre-Leicester

Yep, already posted yesterday.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…49924752

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new visa centre-Leicester

In tonights leicester mercury it states that there are going to be 6 new visa centers throughout the UK to take the load off of London and Birmingham so maybe hopefully the visa's will be processed without being sent anywhere else. Sorry can't post the link I don't know how.

Edited: 31 May 2013, 16:34
UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,871 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new visa centre-Leicester

Is this the one Jennie?

thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Indian-visa-centr…

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new visa centre-Leicester

Yes you clever girl i just about manage to post and put on the odd picture but it could be loads easier for people all over the UK if there really are 6 new visa centers just hope the charge don't go up again to pay for them.

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,871 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new visa centre-Leicester

Never thought of that one! Someone has to pay for it.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: new visa centre-Leicester

Out of chaos comes order.

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: new visa centre-Leicester

Yea we wish

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,898 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: new visa centre-Leicester

Actual issue of visas i.e.sticking it in your passport is done either at HCI London or CGI Birmingham or CGI Edinburgh after the application has been checked at one of the visa processing centres.

Even if you drop it off at one of the centres where you can pick it up later (e.g. Hayes, Victoria Rd) your passport is still forwarded to HCI or CGI, depending which is nearest, for the visa sticker.

There is a step on the process that says something like "sent to HCI for ..."

I can't honestly see India relinquishing that responsibility totally to a 3rd party company, but I might be wrong.

It can only be good news though about the proposed 6 new centres as more people will be able to drop applications off in person and that will reduce the number of postal applications to Hayes.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: new visa centre-Leicester

hi jennie i will TRY, teach u,lol, it can be a bit hit and miss lol, shud be fun,lol,,,so,to get the blue,link.,,if yoki is awake,he ,,will help to,lol,,,,ok,,,,say your wanting the link of this page,the tripavisor one,,,all u do is,,CLICK on it when u get the arrow on it,,with the button,on your right,of your key bored, not the left,,the link will go blue,and show ,COPY,OR PASTE,u click on the copy one,and its saved,for u,,,so dont TOUCH the right hand side button again,YET,,,then u go to the page u want to put the link on,,then u get the arrow button on the page ,THEN press the right hand side button and press, PASTE,when it comes,, and the link SHOULD come,,,,,its something like that.,,,try it out on a e/mail. u will get the hang of it,, OR google ,getting a link,,he will help,,good luck,,lol,,bye.

Edited: 02 June 2013, 12:15
Leicestershire
Level Contributor
16 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: new visa centre-Leicester

Need a Indian visa, is the Leicester one open ? Where is it ? Any idea how much ? Thanks