We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did you try this?

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Topic
Did you try this?

Well during monsoons...spice plantations is one of the destination one can be...and is suggested by many when i was just search about places to visit in Goa in Monsoons ...Well i just read about the tropical spice plantation near Ponda....and making a plan to visit here...Two things which i am excited about is on the food that is authentic goan and served in mud pots...and the other about the elephant bath...where the elephant showers water on you...i saw pictures available on the internet and found it very close to the nature...want to experience it once.....Some one please help me ..if you have visited this place earlier....

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Ponda
Ponda
North Goa District, India
LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Did you try this?

See www.sahakarifarms.com its a great little trip and the food is served up on banana leaves.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Did you try this?

The elephant shower is not very close to nature at all although I expect it will not be as busy during the monsoons. The elephants trudge up and down to the river all day for a 10 minute wash per group of people and the water is dirty. The walk around the spice plantation is very nice.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Did you try this?

Hey...I liked this when i had been to the Tropical Spice plantations in Goa..Well spent an entire day there.....I liked everything there...the hospitality...the elephant shower..the authentic food that is served in mud pots...Indian food with fresh spices...is just awesome...

Go ahead friend..you will love it

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
4. Re: Did you try this?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 06:20