We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice please..... - Qatar flights

Somerset
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice please..... - Qatar flights

OMG - I've been checking the Qatar flight prices for Goa next March all month. OH told me to book it at beginning of the month but I've been waiting for the prices to go down "They won't go up" I said only last week. Checked this morning they've gone up by £120!!!

I'm enquiring from all of you Qatar experts, is it likely that the prices go up and then come down a bit?. I've checked through some of the old posts for the previous years but can't find any evidence of this happening, at least in the first 10 pages of the 88 pages

We haven't been out to Goa for a couple of years and have flown schedule with only Qatar, so was keen to do this again.

Looks like we'll be flying via Mumbai otherwise.

Any advice will be welcome (unless it's to say "I told you so" like OH will do!!!

Thanks Jen x

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
288 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice please..... - Qatar flights

I always try and book as soon as I can , I.e when the flights become available, usually 11 months before I travel. The prices have always gone up nearer to the date. even when there was a sale on at Qatar mine were sill cheaper.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,037 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice please..... - Qatar flights

I do the same as Tattooman, all i would suggest is look on a lot of different website like travel up, carlton Leisure, kookai, if you google cheap flights to Goa you may find some travel agents you have not looked at, we booked ours with Dialaflight which was cheaper than direct with Qatar. Good Luck. :-)) Gel

england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice please..... - Qatar flights

No one can say if prices will go up or down, they change all the time. You just have to book when happy with price, if you really want to fly out with qatar, would be cheaper to book return flights to Mumbai. For example Manchester to goa return is 751 pounds, however Manchester to Mumbai is 527 with qatar. Then roughly 50 pounds return for Mumbai to goa flights. So 577 total.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice please..... - Qatar flights

Hi Jen, I've been doing the same these last of couple weeks and prices were lower when I started looking compared to today. I think they will dip again but just a case a watching closely and striking at the lowest price you're happy with.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice please..... - Qatar flights

Turkish Airlines via Istanbul to Mumbai are cheap enough, then an internal flight down to Goa.

wales
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice please..... - Qatar flights

We have always booked with Qatar early.

But this year listening to others in Goa last year saying that they had a bargain with the sale, we have waited and it looks like we boobed.

We are going to wait a few weeks and if they come down once more we will book

As you have said if you are happy with the price book it and take the pressure away

wales
Level Contributor
810 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice please..... - Qatar flights

I hope they do have another sale, might persuade us to book for January.

We were looking at South Africa but the prices are realy steep.

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice please..... - Qatar flights

We wanted to travel with qatar but opted for Etihad as there was a deal on and we will be going through Mumbai but did it this year and although we did have a long wait inbound its not a bad airport Turkish look cheapest at the moment although there was a post the other day that said British airways were showing some good prices try Travelsupermatket and Skyscanner good luck.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice please..... - Qatar flights

yes I agree, try Skyscanner, just booked Qatar for Feb from Manchester at £682 each with Netflights whilst Qatar site was quoting £719. By way of comparison, Thomas Cook was quoting £638 direct but now you have to add luggage and meals plus whatever you spend on drinks which takes it well over £706.

wales
Level Contributor
810 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice please..... - Qatar flights

Thomson have a flight from Manchester on the dreamliner for Jan and they are coming in cheaper than Qatar at the moment. I dont know if I should wait for qatar to have a sale ;later on or book. desisions.. desisions.