We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goa for 5 days - which resort

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
264 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Goa for 5 days - which resort

Hello all,

My next big trip looks set to be Goa in October. I have had a delve around TA and it looks like a good place for sunbathing and relaxing which is what I am looking for. We are looking for a nice quiet resort without too much hassle or nightlife. We saw that Candolim might be what we are looking for. Any other suggestions?

Any must see when we are there? We will be dedicating the majority of our trip to exploring the beaches but it would be nice to do at least one trip.

Thanks

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goa for 5 days - which resort

Oh Oh!

Beach life will be very restricted in October......nothing really opens until November.

There will still be rain and most of the shacks won't be up.......sorry.

Slan.

Wolf

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goa for 5 days - which resort

Yeah rightly said by wolf. It seems you are a beach lover and it will not be the perfect time to enjoy sun bathing and beach in October. If you haven't booked after 2nd half of November will be good.

Cheers

Sanchit

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
264 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goa for 5 days - which resort

Ah that's a pity. Google said best dry seasons are October to May in Goa :( what would the weather be like mid october? I'm in Dubai not that far away and the weather is scorching there that time of year. I'm at a teacher so holidays have to happen mid October ....

Edited: 02 July 2013, 17:59
Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goa for 5 days - which resort

You'll get plenty of sunshine, but there will be some rain.

Goa will just be waking up after the monsoons.

Slan.

Wolf

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Goa for 5 days - which resort

The weather is typically not the problem in October, except for few sudden, short showers. The beach shacks would not be up and running yet. Permanent shacks would be open, though.

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,083 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Goa for 5 days - which resort

south goa sounds like it would suit your criteria [quiet/no nitelife] , ie agonda . but time of year is a touch early . but there will be some things open . plus if you want to trip to beaches the best beaches are around there [cola patnem paololem agonda etc] . i wouldnt exactly call candolim quiet or relaxing but everyones idea of that is different i suppose . you can see images and videos on my blog of all these places www.tharobster.wordpress.com .

7. Re: Goa for 5 days - which resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 July 2013, 07:35
Bangalore
Level Contributor
19 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Goa for 5 days - which resort

As Wolf said, Goa will be waking up during this period. Most of the water sports etc starts later

Wales
Level Contributor
708 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Goa for 5 days - which resort

A resort Hotel:

http://goa.selecthotels.co.in/

One attraction:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dudhsagar_Falls

Lots of info on both within TA

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Goa for 5 days - which resort

The best silent and peaceful beach is palolam south Goa.

You can try staying at Chattai beach resort.

Even thought there many are on beach side cottages but right on the sea waves...