We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa for Goa

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
243 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Visa for Goa

Hi all

Travel in November this year how much is the visa? how to get the visa (can we get this from Birmingham) when can we get the visa?

Help...

:)

1. Re: Visa for Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2013, 14:30
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa for Goa

A visa can only be obtained from VFS and is £82 plus £10.20 for VFS' fees. You need to apply for it online and post your application with your passport by Special Next Day delivery postage, you can post several applications in one envelope but you must provide or pay for an envelope for each application for their return to you, you can also pay for a courier for them back but there were a few problems last season with the courier. Check out John's link for more info. http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
243 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa for Goa

Thanks for the link but how soon can we get a visa ready for Nov?

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa for Goa

Mids are you going to get them from brum yourself if so i'd go 2nd week in oct if your posting them off 1st week in oct give you a bit of time incase there's any prob's with them.

mansfield
Level Contributor
204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa for Goa

Hi mids my friend Ken,takes his ,ours and several others filled in visa forms to a community centre in derby who check them,( they also offer a service where they fill the forms in for you) and take them to Birmingham and bring them back usually a week later( they go once a week to deliver and collect ready ones to bring back) they are usually very efficient and takes the worry of relying on post there is a charge but we find its worth it .

Derby
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa for Goa

Hi mids,live in derby like your good self so you are ok to use Pemberton Street visa application centre in Birmingham as i do.Follow the advice given re doing the actual application online.I have never used the service that operates in Derby from The community centre although i have heard its quite efficient,sure to be a cost on top of your Visa for this service.My concern with services like this would be that if there are faults that you need to correct on your application form before they will process it incurring a third person in the process could delay it being dealt with quickly.I have always found Pemberton street swift for turning round applications in about 5 to 7 days as there is a consulate also in Birmingham where they are stamped.I would suggest turning up late morning when most of the long queues have ceased and you will be there no longer than 90 minutes.They operate a text message service telling you when its being processed and when its ready for collection. P.s.dont lose your ticket if you haven't got it or have mislaid it they ask for 2 forms of photo based ID before giving you your passport with its visa stamp back! Regards Sally.

UK/Goa
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa for Goa

There is also the opportunity to use the computer at Pemberton Street if you have made a mistake but I am not that savvy so they suggested the Post Office round the corner in the jewellery quarter where they will redo it or help you for a fiver. My friend had filled mine in with one tiny mistake we only noticed as we were sitting waiting to be seen.

It all went smoothly.

8. Re: Visa for Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 05:18