We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nazri v Beira mar.

london
Level Contributor
64 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Nazri v Beira mar.

Hi to all. having stayed at the nazri in January I am looking at the Beira mar next door has any one stayed at both of these hotels would I be making a mistake by staying there we are going for 3 weeks this time and it is coming up 500£ cheaper than the nazri. also is the Beira mar alfern the same place.

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nazri v Beira mar.

Sorry I can,t help, have you read reviews on both hotels?, I personally would not stay at Beira mar after people,s safes broken into, was a inside job. Saying that could happen anywhere, and hopefully new staff now.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nazri v Beira mar.

ahhh but the biera mar is £500 cheaper, so if you stayed there and £300 got robbed from your safe...you would still be £200 better off, so its a no brainer really....stay at the nazri, its much nicer

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nazri v Beira mar.

I have stayed at the Nazri quite a few times , i have been in the Beira Mar rooms as well. IMO there is no comparison wharsoever between the two. The Nazri is a reasonable hotel , the Berira Mar is a dump !!!. Yes it is cheaper but you get what you pay for.( in spades) Some people take the view that you are only in your room for a short time, if this is how you think you might get away with it , but i hve seen some people cry when faced with a room there. Just do not think it will only be a small step down , it will not , its a bloody great jump.

Clifftonian from this forum stays at the Beira Mar , he might have something to say!!!! But i would NEVER do it.

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nazri v Beira mar.

Agree with vurda, you get what you pay for, same goes with the village royale, always mega cheap, but a real dive !!!

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,622 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nazri v Beira mar.

I've stayed at the Beira Mar and probably the best way to some it up is"cheap and cheerful".

It is a low budget hotel and as said, you get what you pay for. They have some good rooms and some bad ones so it's pot luck what you get. The positive is the food was good and the pool area at the back of the hotel is great, the views are fantastic.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,498 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nazri v Beira mar.

Nazri is a far better place than the Beira Mar and both have similar outlook from the pool areas

The Beira Mar Alfern is the same place also linked to the Tio Carmino in Calangute which is a bit better

Edited: 15 July 2013, 13:21
Calangute, India
Level Contributor
204 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Nazri v Beira mar.

I would say Nazri is much better as its a star rated hotel compared to Beira Mar. If you looking for a high class services then go for Nazri. But if you are budget minded then better choose to stay at Beira Mar. Yes there is another Beira Mar on Calangute Candolim border.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nazri v Beira mar.

Nazri each time, I wouldn't stay at the Beira Mar now after its recent history.

manchester
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Nazri v Beira mar.

hi stalex do you book the nazri thro there website.then arrange your own flights. I have been to the nazri with Thomas cook but they don't seem to use it any more.thankyou john.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Nazri v Beira mar.

there is a guy on owners direct website with some nice apartments in the nazri, but as to availability, im unsure....worth a try though