We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampi...

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Hampi...

Can anyone tell me what the itinerary is for the Hampi trip, when booked in Goa.

Many Thanks

Glyn.

manchester uk
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hampi...

coach the the railway station...Train to Hopset..3/4 star hotel...next morning..coach to Hampi...long day looking at the sites..well worth it...back to hotel...then next day journey in reverse....(short version as i am just going out)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hampi...

Thanks mate much appreciated.

The other half was wondering why it took 3 days.

We will be booking this trip, actually looking very fwd to it..

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hampi...

You really need 2 days in Hampi to appreciate it.

Wolf

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,396 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hampi...

Coach around an hour Glyn , Train 7hrs. So you get first evening in Hospet, then full day in Hampi and second evening in Hospet. 4* Hotel( Krishna Palace) is good but don't eat there, food and drink expensive and not good. Much better to walk up the road and cross to the 3* hotel they use. Walk down the side of the hotel and there is a great restaurant that also serves beer.Sorry can't remember name of 3* or Restaurant but I'm sure someone will. Early start all days 5am ish pick up / 6am breakfast 2nd day/ 5.30 ish on 3rd day for return journey. Just book with whoever is cheapest as it's all the same trip. Sounds a pain with all the early starts but it's well worth it. You may even meet Tony Manchester as we did and had a real good time.Even the train journey is enjoyable and seems to fly pasted.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hampi...

Thanks Yorkie.

Don't mind the early starts, as like you say it'll be well worth it.

Been looking at pics and vids, the place looks great.

manchester uk
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hampi...

Hi Yorkietourer....You meet some strange people on Indian trains..don't you? Couldn't have put you post better myself...I knew you would elaborate and make it more interesting...cheers...see you next time.

mansfield
Level Contributor
204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hampi...

Hi Glyn, the hampi trip is well worth the early starts, the itinerary is as yorkie describes and as he says whoever you book with its the same the bus picks all the various customers who are meet by a guide at margoa station, and he looks after everyone, you have a choice of a/c or non a/c cabins and same with hotels, we stopped at solitaire royale a brand new hotel with very nice a/c rooms but no liquor licence so we eat and drank at the hotel directly across the road mentioned by yorkie in his thread, we had a walk around hospet and found no bars to have a drink in, but all in all we enjoyed it and hope you do to. regards mick

Manchester-Where...
Level Contributor
304 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hampi...

Mmmm - Will be doing this trip in Jan 2014 - will need to find that place that serves beer or it will be K/Fisher in the rucksack!

Can I ask what the general rule was on tipping the guide on arrival back? I'm assuming this happens but don't want to over/under tip!! (I appreciate its down to personal choice but was after a ball park figure!)

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hampi...

A trip not to be missed in my opinion, tiring but well worth it and if you're up to it watch the sunset over the ruins from the top of Matunga hill. See www.hampi.in/matunga-hill-hampi As there's probably a bus load of visitors we gave the guide a couple of hundred rupees as he was brilliant and really knew the history of the place. Times that with all of the others and he was quids in!!

Manchester-Where...
Level Contributor
304 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hampi...

Cheers Stalex. I noticed that you had recommended the sunset to another poster a while back but he was DIYing it. Is it feasible to do the sunset if you are part of the organised trip, as in after the day with the guide and you are dropped off at the hotel, would you then arrange it independently or is not feasible? I am not sure of the distances involved to be honest (Matunga Hill from the hotel for example).