We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer - What take to Goa

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
First timer - What take to Goa

As were going to for the first time to Goa in a few months. Was hoping I could

get get some tips on what to take with us

I got some great tips like

go with as little as poss

buy your sun cream in UK

get your adapters / mosquito stuff / pills over there

take cheese and other little bits

take a torch

bits of jewellery and broken watches to get fixed

oh and dont take white anything

does anyone have any other things/ideas that would be useful ?

thanks

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timer - What take to Goa

Don't take your beach towels. Not only will it save on baggage weight but you can get them everywhere in Goa for a good price. When your holiday has finished they will be more or less ruined by sun cream and the sun etc so just discard them.

Castlederg
Level Contributor
543 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timer - What take to Goa

Plenty of £. Good sence ov humour, pair ov shorts, shades, t,shirt. BIG SMILE... Xxx. Can't think ov much more?.

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,348 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timer - What take to Goa

No high heels

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First timer - What take to Goa

Don't take shoes with heels or high wedgies etx as paths (where there are paths are very uneven) where I stay the wardrobe hanging space is not very deep so I always stick a couple of over door hooks for hanging dresses.

I always take a 4 way extension one with a surge protect on makes it easier for charging phones kindles cameras etc just need the one adapter.

5. Re: First timer - What take to Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2017, 19:30
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First timer - What take to Goa

pepole keep saying buy your adapter in goa as they fit better this is absolute rubbish buy a 5 amp plug from skrew fix screwfix.com/p/round-pin-plug-5a-white/22877… and fit it in the end of a normal 13 amp extencion lead this is the plug goan sockets were made for and is a perfect fit

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First timer - What take to Goa

Going with as little as possible is a great idea. Most beachwear is easily available in Goa though high quality swimwear is better bought from the UK.

Bring an international charging point with support for multiple USB ports if you have many devices.

Cheese, A few tins of anything that will remind you of home, Some booze from duty free is also a good idea. Gin in general is quite difficult to get in India.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First timer - What take to Goa

Pair of shorts and nice comfortable shoes and sandals are must

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,479 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First timer - What take to Goa

a plug for the sink

Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
82 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First timer - What take to Goa

When we first went we where advised to take own pillows as their pillows very thin just bought 2 roll up pillows and did need them...all shoes must be flat haha as for beach towels we bought ours there and the dye of them turned my hair green and it was murder to get out.....so deffo taking one from home for my hair...take as little as poss everything you need is there and cheap have a great time x