We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South goa - must see.

Manchester
Level Contributor
21 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
South goa - must see.

Hi, we have been to south Goa, but not extensively.

This year we are staying in the north, but friends would like us to go to the south for a day.

So we are planning on hiring a taxi for the day, could anyone suggest a plan for the day.

Thank u in advance.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South goa - must see.

a day for south goa? what really you want to see?

its approx 80 kms from anjuna - North goa :)

Manchester
Level Contributor
21 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South goa - must see.

We are not sure really, go to a nice beach shack for lunch, have a walk round a few shops, anything really that people think is worth a visit.

I know a day is not long, it's a whistle stop tour to let my friends get a quick view of the south.

Thanks

I was thinking of going as far as colva, as I think that is far enough. But we are open to suggestions.

Manchester
Level Contributor
21 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South goa - must see.

We are not sure really, go to a nice beach shack for lunch, have a walk round a few shops, anything really that people think is worth a visit.

I know a day is not long, it's a whistle stop tour to let my friends get a quick view of the south.

Thanks

I was thinking of going as far as colva, as I think that is far enough. But we are open to suggestions.

Level Contributor
1,138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South goa - must see.

If you want something a bit different than a taxi ride why not consider going south by train fantastic way to see the country side catch a train at Thrivim get off at Madgoan then use a rickshaw to get around

Manchester
Level Contributor
21 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South goa - must see.

That is a great idea, thanks will look into that :-)

Level Contributor
1,138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: South goa - must see.

you can see the train times here http://indiarailinfo.com/search/1774/0/511 station codes are thvm for thrivim and mao for madgoen

Manchester
Level Contributor
21 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: South goa - must see.

Thank you

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,873 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: South goa - must see.

After the trolling earlier in the year, I don't want to run Colva down again, but there are much more interesting places to see. Colva is really only just over halfway down Goa and there is still a lot of it before you hit Karnataka. Cavelossim for a start, and maybe you could go as far as Agonda, which is quite different from the north (although not as different as it once was).

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: South goa - must see.

…about.com/od/…South-Goa-Travel-Guide.htm

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: South goa - must see.

,,,zoe,, a few places on the link for u to go,,lol,,but a day ,u not get the FEEL,,of ,the south,, do longer if u can,,,,bye