We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goa visa

Carlisle, England
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Goa visa

Hi. Hope someone can help. We're making our third trip to Candolim in November. We've applied for our visas. My husband's has gone through and he now has it back. However, I've not got mine and have had an email today saying its been put on hold for further information. When I checked in the vfs website to track it, it says they want a letter from my employer! I've not had this problem before. I actually work as a civilian for the police, but have done for 20 years so I can't see it would cause a problem. Has anyone else had this problem? I'll feel happier if I was to hear its a common problem and would appreciate any replies. Cheers. Karen

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goa visa

If you wrote Police on your application. that is why they need letter. You would have been better putting clerical worker... You may only get a 3month visa also, as this is what happened to alot of peeps last year. Police social workers Doctors nurses ect all have to enclose a letter from employees, its to make sure you are not going over to Goa for work!, out of interest what did you write last time for your employment? They are getting very strict,,,,,Hope u get it sorted...

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3,052 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goa visa

Karcar, I don't think it would have mattered if you had put clerical worker as Thornhilllass suggested on your application as I am sure they would have worked out from your employer's address that you were attached to the Police force.

However I am sure it will be fine they may just need a letter from your employers to provide extra info, and you have plenty time, just make sure your dates will be covered OK if they decide to only issue a 3 month visa (they done this a few times last season).

Fingers crossed :0)

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goa visa

Multzy..,How would they find out with employers address? never had to put that down on application form...I know a lot of peeps what wrote that down and was okay..

Edited: 14 August 2013, 00:21
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3,052 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goa visa

Hi thornhilllass me and hubby were both asked for employers address on our form last year even though we have normal occupations, I was sure it was on all applications? However we did apply through a visa agency so it may not ask for it on the online application? But I definitely had to fill our addresses of place of work for our visas last year.

Edited: 14 August 2013, 00:52
Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Goa visa

You have always had to put your employers name and address down both online and when you had to fill in a paper application.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,665 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Goa visa

I've always had to put my employers address, I know you're retired now Sheila so won't have to complete that bit ;-)

I'm surprised you haven't been asked for an employer's letter in the past Karcar as it's usually standard procedure if you work for the police - perhaps they didn't notice in the past. Hope you get it sorted and have your visa back soon.

Carlisle, England
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Goa visa

On my 2 previous visits I also put down that I work for the police so presumably it just wasn't noticed then. I'm now a bit concerned that if I get a 3 month visa it will expire before our return date of 25 November!! Oh the joys if applying for a visa!! My hubby is a civilian working on an RAF base and his visa came back fine last weekend?!😯 Thanks for your reply.

London
Level Contributor
8,650 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Goa visa

You could enclose a letter explaining you need six month visa to cover your holiday requirements. I dont know if it will make any difference but worth a try.

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Goa visa

As long as your visa isn’t issued before 25th August you’ll be OK even if they do only issue a 3 month visa. If it were me I wouldn’t provide the employer letter until 24th August to be sure they don’t issue your visa before 25th!

Good luck.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Goa visa

karcar,,not trying to be funny,,lol,,,,but this is why for only about 15 pound on top of,the visa fee,u pay,,,u could have a place like,,CLOUD9TRAVEL do it all for u, the visa,,and save ,u,probs if u slip,UP,filling it in,,, hope it sorted out ok,,and u dont get a 3 month,one bye,

Edited: 14 August 2013, 10:54