We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

goa india

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
goa india

hi I am looking to visit the north of goa sometime next year (2014)

can you please tell me the best time of year to visit. as I have had some conflicting stories.

also which would be the best travel agent to book with. many thanks

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: goa india

The main season is between October and April. I'm sure everyone has their pet travel agent!

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: goa india

wayne this link may help u …virtualtourist.com/Goa-1098247-5-10075525/R… as for the best way to book ,look for a flight of,say http://www.flythomascook.com/ then book a hotel your self of say http://www.flythomascook.com/ read the rev,of the hoele if there are some,this will help,good luck,lol,bye

Edited: 25 August 2013, 16:51
england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: goa india

his is the link for the ,hotels,,shud have looked tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g297604-Goa-Hotels.… u got 2.fly/thomascook for the price of one,lol,,bye

Edited: 25 August 2013, 16:56
Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: goa india

Many thanks

Level Contributor
1,138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: goa india

I always say between jan and end march It always takes a couple of months to sort out all the stupid new laws brought in every season last season it was sunbeds next season it could be tide times but they need a couple of months to decide what works and what dosent .After March it starts to get hot and humid .

As for travel agents .I find a flight booked with flythomascook.com and a hotel through travel republic or on the beach is hard to beat .remember TC get you there in 9.5 hours whilst the sceduald a minimum of 13

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
2,906 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: goa india

We booked through Thomas Cook flight and hotel then travelled up to Delhi and Agra then back to Calangute then onto Agonda (Feb 2013). We really only used our hotel in Calangute as a luggage storage facility as we decided to stay in Agonda for a few extra days!! But we did get quite a good deal on the hotel in Calangute, but if we are going back in 2015, we will book flight only with Thomas Cook (direct flight) then stay for the duration in Agonda (booking via the beach huts website).

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,169 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: goa india

Hi Wayne, welcome to the forum. January is our favourite time, its clear blue skies in the day and a little cooler in the evening, end if January it starts to warm up. How long are you going for? if its just a couple of weeks you will probably find a package is the best deal for you, planes are not so comfortable as scheduled of course but straight through and a lot faster, we find Thomas Cook are the best planes and also the best prices on the packages.

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
147 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: goa india

January to march

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
147 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: goa india

jewelholidays.com

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,169 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: goa india

I should think he has booked by now Ian!