We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have Monarch improved

Liverpool
Level Contributor
365 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Have Monarch improved

I have been going to Goa for a good number of years now, always flew Thomas Cook and Thomson. I did fly with Monarch about 5 years ago and swore never again. No seat back tvs, cramped conditions.

I just wondered has anything chagnged with them as they are offering very good deals for njext year at the moment

Thanks

Gary

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have Monarch improved

well gary there,s a few on here thats booked a flight to goa from manchester,,that are not to ,happy, about 2 weeks ago thay changed,there 9am or was it 9.30 am return flight from goa to 7am,,so no sleep before the flight well u could but u may,,miss the flight,lol,as u will have to set of for the flight about 3,am,,,as of yet there has been nothing said about a gas stop off on the way back, but there,s time,yet,,,so the,, have monarch improved, well i would say,no,,,the best thing about monarch was i think there good return,flight time,,but now u be better of with ,flythomascook,,flight times i think,,, but other,s may think diff bye

Edited: 27 August 2013, 12:51
Liverpool
Level Contributor
365 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have Monarch improved

Yeah the one and only time I flew Monarch we had to stop off at Bahrain, I thought with Thomson using the Dreamliner from Manchester next Year, and Thomas Cook being ok that maybe Monarch may have taken note and done something with seat pitch, inflight service and looked at seat back tvs

Gary

Liverpool
Level Contributor
365 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have Monarch improved

Yeah the one and only time I flew Monarch we had to stop off at Bahrain, I thought with Thomson using the Dreamliner from Manchester next Year, and Thomas Cook being ok that maybe Monarch may have taken note and done something with seat pitch, inflight service and looked at seat back tvs

Gary

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have Monarch improved

maybe something on here for u,, gary http://www.southalltravel.co.uk/india/goa/ thay seam to be getting a good name a few on here have used them with no;,props thay say,

Edited: 27 August 2013, 13:36
liverpool
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Have Monarch improved

out of the 3 main charter companies their flights always seem to be the most expensive too , ie double tcook's . go figure ?!

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Have Monarch improved

No problem with our flights this year, no seat back TV but who cares. No stop offs and food as bad as any other airline including Qatar. Is the price is right go for it, cue the anti Monarch snobs now! Lol

bolton
Level Contributor
363 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Have Monarch improved

NO

cue the idiots who will put up with anything

which allows monarch to carry on treating us no better than cattle

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,839 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Have Monarch improved

We always used to fly Monarch and did like the Gatwick and Manchester flight times.

I always found them OK, not great but OK.

Cabin staff always seemed pleasant and I wasn't bothered by limited leg room and no seat back TVs.

The last time we flew it was with Thomas Cook and we felt it was a more comfortable flight.

That said, if the price was right, I'd be happy to book with Monarch.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Have Monarch improved

So me and my family are idiots?? It just so happens that our package which was a great price had Monarch as the carrier. Again personally we had no problems with the flights or the afore mentioned airline. MOOOOOO!!

bolton
Level Contributor
363 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Have Monarch improved

so me and my family are anti monarch snobs are we

for not agreeing with you regarding there service?? Bbaaa Bbaaa