We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 month Visa to Goa and childs Visa?

NE UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
3 month Visa to Goa and childs Visa?

Hi,

I just want to know if you can still get a 3 month visa for Goa and if so what is the cost?

On in.vfsglobal.co.uk/touristvisa_fees.html

It only shows the price for 6 month and 12 month but it does state 3 months are available. How do I apply for a 3 month visa? Is it cheaper than a 6 month?.

To my horror finding out Ive got to pay £100 for each visa has angered me. With a family of 4 that's £400. I feel like cancelling the holiday!! That will teach me to do more research before booking!!

Also for children do I have to fill in the online form as per for each adult or can children be added to the adult visa application?

It looks all very time consuming.

Please help.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 month Visa to Goa and childs Visa?

Same price for 6 month which is what you will probably be issued with anyway. Seperate applications too for each child so its a very expensive add on to the holiday price. It took us about an hour online for 2 adults and a child earlier this year. The price is what is putting the wife off returning ever!! I hope this is not the case though.

england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 month Visa to Goa and childs Visa?

You normally only ever get issued a three month one, if you have a certain job. Otherwise a six month visa. Visa fees are a lot, and would,nt be surprized if they go up further once the visa,s are sourced out again, and extra measures added to obtain one.

NE UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 month Visa to Goa and childs Visa?

Thanks for the reply. But not what I was wanting to hear.

Looks like Ive got a decision to make loose more money by cancelling the holiday or pay and extra £400 pounds. What are they playing at? If I do decide to bite the bullet and go it will be my 1st and last trip to India.

It was going to be our one trip of a lifetime over Christmas and New Year while the boys are still kids and not twisty teenagers (12 & 10 year olds) Now I feel like a twisty teenager.

Alligin :-(

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 month Visa to Goa and childs Visa?

Bite the bullet this once Alligin instead of losing money, they will love it, my daughter is 8 and has been 3 times and loves everything about the place as its one big adventure.

england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 month Visa to Goa and childs Visa?

I know it is a real pain, but if you cancel how much will you lose?, and then need to book something else. Once you have paid visa, it is very cheap in goa, so I would say bite the bullet and go. Guessing u have booked package hol?, which most the times works out a lot more, most of the time to get a cheaper hol, most tend to book flights and hotel separate. It is always cheaper to fly to mumbai and then onto goa, but not ideal with two kids. Go and enjoy, you won,t regret it.

england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 month Visa to Goa and childs Visa?

Another factor to think of is the cost of malaria tablets also. Normally get the seven week ones for around 15 pounds, but not suitable for everyone.

7. Re: 3 month Visa to Goa and childs Visa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 05:19