We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Timer - November

London, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
First Timer - November

Hey,

My boyfriend and I are looking to book Goa for November, I haven't done my research but was wondering if anyone can give me any top line information.

Would you suggest we book our whole stay beforehand, we were hoping to book the first week and then move on somewhere else?

I also have no idea of regions but it's been suggested Candolim is a good starter. Would you suggest we stay at one resort or just book a few days and then continue exploring and try book accomodation as we go?

We are only planning on going for 2 weeks so it obviously needs to be feasible.

Also weather in November will it have brightened up by then, I keep getting really mixed reviews!

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Timer - November

The weather in November will be fine.

As first timers, it;s difficult to advise you but, if you're experienced travellers, I'd book a few days in Candolim and work it out from there.......it all depends on what rocks your boat.

Come back on here when you have more specific questions about your likes / dislikes.

Wolf

2. Re: First Timer - November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2013, 13:37
London, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Timer - November

Thanks both. Ideally I'd like to visit one of the touristy areas but escape from any hustle and bustle to witness some of the quieter beaches.

We're both 23 so won't mind a bit of travelling around (although we're not experienced travellers) Ideally I'd like to witness the proper culture, food and see some nature! Im a massive animal lover so this is important.

I know Goa's small so we were thinking doing 4x4days in different areas but just want to make sure this will be do-able!

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Timer - November

my 4 places would be [from north to south] :

1 - arambol - cool hippyish backpackers indy travellers shacks , shops , hanging out . lots of beach stuff !

....30 mins south .....

2 - anjuna/vagator - lots of electronic parties and a huge day market [weds] some good rests , near everything but far enough away from baga crowds .

....10 mins south .....

3 - baga (or candolim) [5mins apart] - busiest resort , package hols , tons of rests , brits , two markets

....2 hours south .....

4 - agonda (or palolem) [10 mins apart] - chill out , live barefoot on the beach with the cows ;)

within each base there are 2 or 3 other places you can visit within several mins on a moped . all these places are on my blog so you can see what you do and dont like . things to consider anjuna day market weds , baga night markets sats , paloem silent disco sats .... if it falls in line with your dates these are things youd want to do . baga and anjuna are next to each other so that makes no diff getting to each one . happy planning !

Level Contributor
1,138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Timer - November

you can do all the north from one base on a scooter we tend to have one hotel in baga then ride to all the other beaches in the north you can then get a bus to the south for a couple of days or go further out of goa into karnetica and spend a couple of days in gokarna buy train.Next year we are flying to Mumbai for 2 days .Only put that in because you dont need to limit your travel to Goa the freedom of travel india has to offer is fantastic

Edited: 04 September 2013, 22:10
dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,389 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Timer - November

CMCK..have you checked out the visa price, then there is vaccinations and Maleria advice to be got off your practice nurse.. The weather in November is hot but not humid like March April..

London, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Timer - November

This all sounds great thanks everyone!

Yes sorting visa and jabs :)

Can anyone recommend any tours, I've heard mixed reviews about the plantation and elephant tour- would you suggest I steer away from this being a big animal lover? I would like to see some ellies though!

Thank you

Codie :)

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Timer - November

i did exactly what #5 cliff said . used anjuna as a base camp in north , palolem as my base in the south . if your ok with a moped that is the one . if not you might want to relocate as you said , or use cabs . all 3 ideas would work just depends what you wanna do .

mopeds/roads are fine during day , ok too if staying local at night just slow speeds round a village . longer journeys can be challenging at night with animals lol ;-s roads generally quiet away from baga/cand/cal and panjim , and almost totally deserted in the south . everyone uses mopeds !

wildlife - youll love the random monkeys cows dogs and pigs etc everywhere ha

Edited: 05 September 2013, 12:59
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,166 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Timer - November

Yes, if you are an animal lover, steer away from the plantation/elephant trip and do the overnight or daily jungle one. The plantation elephant wash is very touristy and a conveyor belt for the elephant and the river is dirty, overnight trip is helping the mahout with the elephants daily wash in a clean river. I dont know what the day jungle book one is like. http://www.goaecotourism.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First Timer - November

Excellent. I'm going to steer away from that and take your advice on the daily jungle/overnight one. Would you suggest we book this beforehand or is it easy to book when out there?

Thanks therobster I think we will give the moped thing a try and decide on a couple of bases and go from there. Does anyone have any good hotel/guest house recommendation? I'd ideally like somewhere with a pool, other than that as long as it's clean and friendly I'm not fussed. I'm hoping to spend between £25-£40 a night if this is do-able to keep costs down!

I think we'll start at the North at Anjuna or Baga and then head our way South to stay at another base.

Thanks all - getting really excited now!