We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacinations.

praia da Luz
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
vacinations.

As a child i was vacinated against everything and have also had a tetanus vacination in the past 2 years. Do I really need any other vacinations to go on holday for two weeks in south Goa. I would like to do the jungle trip to see the elephants, visit a few towns to sightsee but other than that I plan to laze on the beach. I plan to take Malarone and use loads of mossie repellant as mosquitos love me but vacinations??????

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vacinations.

Have a word with your practice nurse, she/he will be able to advise you

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vacinations.

Consult your GP or local health centre with regards vaccinations.

praia da Luz
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vacinations.

I live in Portugal and we dont have 'practice nurses' , I would need to visit a Dr and it could take a while to get an appointment , couple of weeks, or I could pay approx 50 euros and go privately. Eitherway I don't think they would have the answer, they would need to look it up on the internet. what do most visitors do??

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vacinations.

Most visitors see their practice nurse and get the injections..

surgerydoor.co.uk/advice/…

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vacinations.

Due to differing opinions of people it really isn't wise to ask for health advice on a travel forum.

Level Contributor
1,138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vacinations.

nhs.uk/Conditions/…Immunisations.aspx

http://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/destinations/asia-(east)/india.aspx#immunisations

Edited: 16 September 2013, 00:16
Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vacinations.

I do have the injections better safe than sorry , BUT my main reason is if anything should go wrong with my health while in Goa , My insurance company would use it as an excuse to not pay out ,as i have not had the recommended injections!! which would cause me a lot of hassle., and a lot of money.

But I do think talk to your own Dr is the right advice to follow. If they recommend no injections , then you have no worries from any angle .

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: vacinations.

perhaps a chat with your local chemist

might set your mind at rest,they are usually quite good

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: vacinations.

Vaccinations usually advised (from the link provided by Badgerlad):

<<

poliomyelitits; tetanus; hepatitis A; typhoid; diphtheria.

>>

Maybe consider the implications of contracting one of the above versus having the vaccinations.

You say it may take a while to get an appointment - I guess it depends when you're going.

10. Re: vacinations.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 05:19