We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leela Resort, Goa

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Leela Resort, Goa

Are all the meals served outside by the pool at the Leela and if yes, are there many cats walking around where people are eating. I am scared of cats!

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,284 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leela Resort, Goa

The Leela is a very upmarket hotel. I don't think the'd allow cats to be wandering around !n besides, they can 't afford to stay there.

BOB....ŷ

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leela Resort, Goa

The Leela is probably the finest hotel hotel - great, by any international standards!

I don't think you need to worry about cats!!!!

Wolf

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leela Resort, Goa

no cats jane the dogs have eaten them all,lol. tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g775971-d4818…

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leela Resort, Goa

As you are not mad about cats, Goa is a good choice as it is relatively low on the cat stats. The Leela Kempinski is one of the most luxurious beach resort hotels in Goa and they will happily serve you food and beverages at the pool. They also have a beach bar at the edge of their property which serves drinks, appetisers and a range of bar food, adjacent to some very posh sunbeds and shades (on their land, not on the public beach). Pricy, but nice. It is at a great part of the beach, a handful of beach shacks within 50 metres where you will find some very good quality food at about 20% of what you'd pay at the Leela, not served on such fine china nor with quality napery, but delicious and well worth trying. Cat free too!

sheffield UK
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leela Resort, Goa

You can take breakfast in a/c conditions or outside ( We`ve never seen cats around that area, been 5 or 6 times in last 10 years ). They also have nets to prevent birds from entering. The Indian restaurant there also has indoor & outdoor areas which again, seem to be free from cats. Doubt if you would see any around any of the eating areas.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leela Resort, Goa

Thanks everybody for your replies. Hopefully my hols will be great.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leela Resort, Goa

Dogs wander around Beach shacks. Cats are quite rare on the beaches. Guess because of the territorial, but friendly to human, dogs on the beach.

Neither dogs nor cats inside 5-star properties!

- Jyoti

Edited: 02 October 2013, 06:43
Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,428 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leela Resort, Goa

I can't remember seeing any cats in Goa. There are plenty of dogs wandering around the streets and beaches but not cats. It's very different to somewhere like Greece where there are cats all over.

sheffield UK
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Leela Resort, Goa

The Leela is a stunningly beautiful resort. I`m sure you will love the hols.

10. Re: Leela Resort, Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2014, 05:19