We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need various details for Goa trip next week

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Need various details for Goa trip next week

Hi All,

I am going to Goa on 11th Oct. My budget of the say is around 1000 per night. I want to enjoy water sports for a day and for rest of the days, just relax and enjoy various beaches. We are all vegetarian people and prefer having food at those restaurants that serves only vegetarian food.

Itinerary -

Day 1 – reach Madgaon station at 9:30 AM and hire a bike. Enjoy water sports at Baga or calangute and then relax at Candolim. Please suggest a stay within 800 to 1000 INR nearby good location at Baga/ calangute/ Candolim.

Day 2 - day trip to Vagator Beach and Chapora Fort

Day 3 – Benaulim/Covelossim beach. Please suggest stay (beach side hut or on beach stay) nearby colva/Varka/ Benaulim/Covelossim beach.

Day 4 – Angoda/Palolem - Please suggest stay (beach side hut or on beach stay) at Palolem beach

Day 5 - Reach Madgaon station to catch the train at 11 AM.

Need help with -

1. Please suggest a stay INR nearby good location at Baga/ calangute/ Candolim beach

2. Can I do anything better in Day 2?

3. Please suggest stay (beach side hut or on beach stay) nearby colva/Varka/ Benaulim/Covelossim beach.

4. Please suggest stay (beach side hut or on beach stay) at Palolem beach

5. Rate Benaulim vs. Covelossim. Is there any better nearby option I have missed?

6. Rate Angoda vs. Palolem. Is there any better nearby option I have missed?

7. Is it true that I will have to go back to the location where I have hired the bike from? Can I it hire at Madgaon and handover to someone of that group at Palolem.

8. How safe are beach side huts/hotels?

9. Any other suggestions/help for – “We are all vegetarian people and prefer having food at those restaurants that serves only vegetarian food.”

10. Can I hire a bike at Madgaon railway station or do I need to go to Madgaon city for it?

Thank you,

Regards,

Nishant

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,224 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need various details for Goa trip next week

Hi Nishant, You need to revise your plans taking into account the season. There will be no water sports or beach huts and the sea will still be rough from the monsoon. All restaurants serve vegetarian food, that will not be an issue. Cant help with hotels etc. as I dont know which will be open in October.

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,050 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need various details for Goa trip next week

2 really good places for veggie - bean me up vagator , and blue planet agonda . if they are open in oct . im sure they probs have a facebook page ? you can see both those places , and chapora fort you mention on my blog if you want to take a look incl menu samples etc .

enjoy

www.tharobster.wordpress.com

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need various details for Goa trip next week

No water sports open yet.

There is, however, white-water rafting still happening. Sorry, I don;t have any details.

Wolf

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need various details for Goa trip next week

Thank you for the details. There are still 7 days to go. do you think water sports and beach huts would start operating by then?

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need various details for Goa trip next week

Unlikely.

There should, however, be a few shacks open.

Wolf

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,986 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need various details for Goa trip next week

Palolem is as about as quiet as can be just now, monumental rains yesterday too! I don't think next week will be the start of beach restaurants opening.

Cavelossim is unlikely to have anything up and running on the beach by then either, but the beach looks stunning without any of the shacks and sunbeds in place. There will be some restaurants open in the resort centre, just a few though. Possibly best to stick the northern and central areas at this time of year.

7. Re: Need various details for Goa trip next week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2014, 05:18