We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorry Guys, Another Visa Question !!

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Sorry Guys, Another Visa Question !!

Reading every ones panics worry's and concerns about these dreaded visas my friend and I have booked for Goa on the 20th September to fly out, my question for help is this:

As were newbies to this visa process we are in a debate as to wether we do our own online and follow the process in the hope that NO mistakes are made OR pay an extra £20 odd for our flight company Thomas cook to do it for us,!

I'm filled with dread every time I look at the form, and all the info you read on the VSF, although I have Meerkats list ready on hand for help,

Or am I just panicking for nothing and its not as bad !!! :(

I daren't leave it too late to do !!

Thanks for your help :)

Chell'e

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
306 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorry Guys, Another Visa Question !!

HI,

Dont do anything yet re Visa if not travelling until September.

You have plenty of time in fact wait to see how everyone gets on this coming season.

Everything could of changed again before then.

Regards

Loveourholidays

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorry Guys, Another Visa Question !!

Not sure Thomas Cook fly there in September?

Don't forget, although you apply for a 6 month visa, due to some peoples professions, sometimes only 3 month ones are issued.

I would take your time and do it yourself. Get your photos done and then take your time to look at the procedure, note down all the supporting documents you need, I think there is an example form on the website, so take a look at that when you start the application.

I started a topic on the benefits of using visa services, and there don't really seem to be any as you still have to provide all the information.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorry Guys, Another Visa Question !!

Owh for goodness sake, I cant believe I have put September, 'my apologies' we are going December !

See panicking ! hahaha,

Thanks for your reply loveourholdays

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorry Guys, Another Visa Question !!

Thanks Mobor one i do have to get the photos done, and as of today i now have all the relevant information needed for where we are staying at Benualim, that's required, !

Thanks for your very good advice, will certainly get everything together first. :)

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sorry Guys, Another Visa Question !!

Most (if not all) photo booths do the Indian visa sized photos now.

Don't forget the photos are a different size to the normal passport photos.

Good luck.

Bingley
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sorry Guys, Another Visa Question !!

Bite the bullet and do it yourself it's not so bad. Meerkats guide is excellent and once you sent them off it only takes about a week. The worst thing about the whole visa is their website not so much the questions that are asked. Good luck!!

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sorry Guys, Another Visa Question !!

Oh excellent, I didn't realise the booths done the Indian visa size, I had checked on the size with regard to the normal passport photos.

Local Sainsburys it is then.!

Many thanks for that info bindoobaba :))

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sorry Guys, Another Visa Question !!

Yes I have decided to be brave ha ha ha, funnily enough Greekcat I think my panic IS with the site itself, too much information it's all over the place and I actually find it confusing, getting myself in a right ol tizzy :(

Nice one thanks for that, I was starting to get the delhi belly already ha ha ha ha

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Sorry Guys, Another Visa Question !!

Most of us do get in to a major panic, but most people do actually do it right, and get the visas back correctly.

If you do them now for December, if the worst happens and you make a mistake, there is plenty of time to correct it, and all it will cost you is the extra postage.

The system seems to be taking about a week from start to finish now.

You'll be fine.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sorry Guys, Another Visa Question !!

Mobor One, reading every ones panic does give you a sense of dread, and that VSF site, well, that really should be made easier to follow I think, its just a nightmare when you look at it :(

Well Ill give it my best shot to get it right 1st time and I think ill get my Friend up as well so we can both do ours together and check each one as we go along, and as you say any mistakes it's only extra postage.

You have restored my faith :))

Many Thanks .