We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strange placement of visa

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
Save Topic
Strange placement of visa

In all the other years, the visa has been placed with a blank page facing it, but this time, we both have stamps (not from India) on the facing page.

Have they finally realised that they have been using our passports up twice as fast as was actually necessary?

Fallen on Hard Times
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strange placement of visa

That's good news but I doubt if everyone will be so lucky. On our last trip to Kenya the guy at immigration found the first available page and stuck in the (on arrival) visa, then thumbed through about ten pages to find the next free page to stamp the passport. I thought that was very good of him. My passport (when I get it back) will only have two free pages and they are certainly NOT next to each other.

Two pages left with nearly ten years left to expiry date.

London
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strange placement of visa

A friend of mine had only one blank page left and took a chance on applying for Indian visa. His passport returned with visa. Its not something would recommend, as sure would probably get rejected in most cases.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Strange placement of visa

I have got double pages blank, but for some reason it was put on a single page.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,955 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Strange placement of visa

Just had our visas back - very quickly - see separate thread started by becawales.

I gave OH his passport to check for the visa, I looked in mine.

I went straight for the only blank double page left in my passport - cue heart attack!

No piggin' visa!

They've put my visa on a single blank page opposite a Turkish visa stamp & entry/exit stamps. These take up about half the page.

We tend to use our visas twice and the 4 in/out stamps usually take up pretty much all the blank page opposite the visa.

I guess it's the same scenario as Mobor One.

Does anyone think this will be a problem?

FFS, I carefully placed my application form and other documents in the double blank page I expected them to use.

I appreciate it gives me the chance for another visa before my passport expires mid 2015 but I hate, absolutely hate, the slightest chance of something going wrong at immigration.

If I'd got any honeybee, I'd have a stiff one!

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
9,157 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Strange placement of visa

Prettypollycat, I can't see it being a problem. VFS state on their website that the passport must have at least 2 blank pages. Nothing about them being opposite/together.

in.vfsglobal.co.uk/touristvisa_CheckList.html

Edited: 19 October 2013, 12:41
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Strange placement of visa

I am going to put a post-it note inside my passport with a plea for the nice person issuing the visa at the ICH not to use up my 2 remaining blank adjacent pages so I can get a few more uses out of my passport! At immigration in Bangkok recently, I asked them not to stamp the blank adjacent pages (pages of passport paperclipped together as a reminder in case of jetlag after a long flight!) to preserve those pages.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Strange placement of visa

I agree with Igirl. But if you are concerned about immigration, you could always take a printout of what VFS say on the website just to cover yourself.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,955 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Strange placement of visa

Thanks Igirl & Meerkat - I think I was just having a meltdown because I couldn't find my visa where I expected it to be. LOL

I guess as long as it's a valid visa, they'll just have to stick their stamps wherever they can. ;0)

Hope your plan works, londonraffles.

Fallen on Hard Times
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Strange placement of visa

I can't see you having a problem PPC. I've just looked through my passport and the visa I applied for for our previous two holidays on one visa issued 11 Oct 12 was pasted on the facing page of a Kenyan Visa. The four immigration stamps have been stamped on the reverse page (First Page: Kenyan visa, Second Page: Goan Visa, (turn over page) Third Page: 2012/13 Indian Immigration Stamps Fourth Page: My new (2013) Indian Visa, so they will have to turn over the page (as they did last time) to stamp the passport.

When applying for this year's visa I'd actually opened my passport at the only place where there are two empty adjacent pages (at the front of the passport) but VFS/HCI placed the visa at the back of the passport on the first available page. The free page behind the Visa is the last page in the passport where only the left side can be used. I'll try and ask the people at immigration NOT to stamp the passport on the two free adjacent pages and place the stamps on the last page thereby preserving the two adjacent pages.

Based on my last years experience you shouldn't have a problem PPC - if you do so will I :-)

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,955 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Strange placement of visa

Thanks for the reassurance, MMS.

I'm chillin' out. LOL

I think I'll also try to preserve my remaining 2 blank pages, although bleary-eyed after a 10 hour flight and after midnight, I'll probably forget all about that..

Get answers to your questions about Goa