We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa stresss

Level Contributor
70 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Visa stresss

Can anyone tell me if I submitted two visa applications online on Friday. We are applying in person in Edinburgh. Should i of received an email or txt confirmation as I've received nothing and if I track them with passport number, surname and DOB it is saying ok records found. Do we need some sort of confirmation before we can go through to the office. Help!!! Starting to doubt myself that I have done it wrong

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
9,003 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa stresss

Have you printed off your applications and Declaration forms, signed them and taken them to the Edinburgh office (with passports and photos)?

If not, this is what you need to do.

NE UK
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa stresss

I'm new to this also. It's a pain.

For us it took a couple of days to show up on the system/receive an email.

But I must say we received them in 7 days and that was including postal time.

Level Contributor
70 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa stresss

I have printed off the application forms and the declarations ready to take them to Edinburgh to apply in person. I didn't know if I had to wait for a confirmation email or not? And will it continue to say no records found until we go through in person???

Level Contributor
70 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa stresss

We are applying in person as my partner works offshore and needs his passport so we can't send it away. So I printed off all I need ready to go to Edinburgh just unsure If I was able to go as it is saying no records found when I track it, or can I not track them as I'm applying person. So lost

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
9,003 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa stresss

I'm not sure about what message you get but yes, you do have to take your documents to the appropriate VFS office (depending on your location) or post them to the Hayes address to start the process off.

You don't have to wait for any confirmation first.

Level Contributor
70 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa stresss

That is all I need to know. Was panicking cos u hasn't had confirmation but I have printed off application and declaration. My other half is offshore til 8th then we are gonna head through

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa stresss

Your application has to be submitted either by post or in person for the process to be started.

Level Contributor
70 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa stresss

So even though I filled in the form and submitted it online. The application wot start until I hand in my documentation to the office in Edinburgh is that what you are saying?

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa stresss

i think that is what they are saying

did you get an appointment?

dont worry, just turn up with your applications and passports and photo's

and you get them back in about a week

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
9,003 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa stresss

From post #5:

<<you do have to take your documents to the appropriate VFS office (depending on your location) or post them to the Hayes address to start the process off.>>

From post #7:

<<Your application has to be submitted either by post or in person for the process to be started.>>

Also answered on your thread here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k6…

Just a thought, it's not totally obvious:

Are you sure that Edinburgh is your jurisdiction?

For example, you might live very close to the Scottish border and Edinburgh might be the closest place to you but if you live in England you can't apply to Edinburgh (or Glasgow).

Wouldn't want you to make a wasted journey.