We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wine

Devon
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
wine

Good evening all,

We are heading to goa for our 1st time on the 2nd November. Excited and nervous!!

Am wondering if there are any places to buy a decent bottle of dry white wine whilst there. First week staying in the north (I have no idea where as OH has booked as a surprise!) 2nd week palolem and agonda down south. Or should I bring a bottle with me?

Many thanks

Lou

1. Re: wine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 November 2013, 22:53
Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,386 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wine

I always take a box of white wine in my suitcase. Some wines in goa are quite expensive and rubbish. Have a great holiday.

London, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wine

A bottle take a case ur on holiday have a great time

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wine

Try the Vallone range (available at Newton's), not a bad glug.

The Sula whites have definitely improved as well.

Enjoy!

Wolf

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,942 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wine

Wine in Goa is indifferent and expensive so if you are fussy I would take it with you. We do.

Swinton, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wine

Take a box in the suitcase - ideal fot pre-dinner drinks

Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wine

I would say it depends on what you drink.

If your tipple is an ice cold Chenin or Sauvignon then your going to be disappointed.

We've tried some out there and have yet to find one that's nice.

We have even taken boxes from the UK.

They don't travel well because the climate is too warm and a chilled glass gets warm too quickly.

If you like sparkling then its not too bad.

Sula Brut is quite palletable but the price varies from shop to shop and it needs chilling and keeping in a ice bucket while open.

If anyone can suggest any others we would be interested too

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,942 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wine

Big Banyan isn't too bad. We usually bring a box, red or white and keep it in the fridge.

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,386 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wine

Talking of sula wine does anyone know anywhere in the UK that you can buy it. Thought I would try it before going back to Goa. Thanks

Devon
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: wine

Thanks everyone for your advice. Looks like I'll be bringing a case with me!