We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for the whiskey drinkers!

Anglesey
Level Contributor
264 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Question for the whiskey drinkers!

OH likes a single malt. Can any of you p,ease recommend a local brand that he could try?

Level Contributor
1,138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for the whiskey drinkers!

no local brand can come close to a good single malt you can buy single malts in the supermarkets and some shacks have them at a price

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,036 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for the whiskey drinkers!

Gwyneth why not buy a bottle in the Duty free, when we stayed in the Heritage i took my own Baileys to the outside seating in the Bar, as its AI i don't think anyone will mind, i really am not a fan of the local brands of Alcohol,Just a thought. :-)) Gel

Anglesey
Level Contributor
264 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for the whiskey drinkers!

Might just do that Londongel. We are in our room T Manchester now watching the aeroplanes land and take off. Dinner booked for 8 and taxi booked for 6:15. Goa here we come.

Edited: 03 November 2013, 19:25
Anglesey
Level Contributor
264 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for the whiskey drinkers!

What do the experts think is the best local whiskey? I will be happy enough with the cocktails.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,036 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for the whiskey drinkers!

Have a safe flight gwyn and a wonderful holiday, can't help with the Whisky but i do enjoy a cocktail or two while eating dinner, not sure about the cocktails in your hotel.:-)) Gel

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,350 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question for the whiskey drinkers!

Try Antiquity Blue. Its not as good as scotch, but by Indian standards its decent. 100 Pipers is also not bad. But I'm not an expert on whiskey, my usual poison is vodka or rum.

Castlederg
Level Contributor
542 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question for the whiskey drinkers!

Last year I bought rowsons reserve whisky, its poroduced by deiagio prob biggedt drinks produser in the world. Think it was about 3.80rps a bottle. Was v,drinkable.or as said earlier, get ur hubby a nice treat 4rm duty free. You can bring home what you don't drink also try honey bee indian brandy only about 140rps a bottle, and deffo bring some home.have a nice holls.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question for the whiskey drinkers!

Big difference between a single malt and a local brand whisky. I'd suspect you'd pay through the nose for a single malt anywhere in India.

Good suggestion from LondonGel, a litre bottle of Glenfiddich or Glen Moray would probably set you back £20 from the duty free shop, a decent saving on UK prices...

Anglesey
Level Contributor
264 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question for the whiskey drinkers!

Than k you all for your help. Will get him a bottle from the duty free. Ready for the flight tomorrow. Wonder if I will sleep tonight? I usually don't as I am terrified of not waking up for my flight. Had a couple of vinos tonight so might help!!! Enjoy your holiday all of you.

sheffield
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question for the whiskey drinkers!

A while ago there was a whiskey in Goa called 'single malt'. I'd have to say that the name was a s close as it got but you could drink it without adding a mixer although it was still a challenge!

I think we whiskey drinkers just have to make sacrifices and add mixers to every manner of alcohol that is available in Goa and enjoy what is there.

In my experience taking bottles of good stuff with you is not wise. Folk recognise that resulting contented demeanour and you will become very popular for a day a folk hang around only until they have drunk the last drop of it!

After that you are Mr No-Friends, no whiskey and no contented demeanour!