We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three month stay

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
440 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Three month stay

Only 16 days to go ..It will be our first long stay...we have been packed for months, doing the countdown Days,hours, mins,secs not sleeping so excited and now I'm beginning to feel sick and a little bit of apprehension is creeping into my excitement ...help.....have any other long stayers felt the same just before their first extended holiday?!? I know we will have a fantastic time once we are there. It is not our first visit to Goa.Rovingoldies OH

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
679 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Three month stay

We are going for the first time for three months next week. Been apprehensive ever since we booked it, in case it is too long. To be honest I have started to get restless after 6 weeks in the past, just hope I can cope without upsetting OH.

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Three month stay

3 months will pass by in a flash.........you'll wish you's booked for longer!

Wolf

england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Three month stay

Sure you,ll have a lovely time in both goa and kerala. Did saj home sort your train tickets out?, just had email off him, just emailed my train ticket from varkala to fort cochin.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
440 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Three month stay

Thanks for reassurance ! Yes Chelsea we have our train tickets, got for us by the apartment care- taking company.2 senior returns 3,400 INR ! Wolf I,m sure you are right...just need to get on that plane and stop stressing!! Fairly new to the Forum but read it day and night...some great people on here! OV the longest we have been away is 3 weeks,and that does go in a flash!!

Edited: 12 November 2013, 04:15
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
579 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Three month stay

totally, time is something you don't get to know how soon it passed by,,,

my 1st trip was for 8 days, and it ended like i just in a flash, god... awesome it was.

returning in jan, but again for 5 days only :(

West Harptree...
Level Contributor
980 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Three month stay

We made our final career change 5 years ago and retired. ..........we've been travelling ever since!!

In October when it starts to get cold we get on a plane and when the flowers come out at home we get on a plane and go home....usually late April.

When we get back, as we have rented out the house, we move into our touring caravan and tour.....anywhere, everywhere....visiting friends and family.....making new friends.

Since we've been doing this we have met so many people doing the same thing.....all with different stories and all of them giving us new ideas for new exploring.

Regrets? Yeah.....right......never been happier than when I'm getting on a plane for my pleasure rather than getting on a plane for my employers gain!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,461 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Three month stay

Just think about the weather back home and that should stop you getting bored and restless! I know where I'd rather be given the chance. Hope you have a fantastic time :-)

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,017 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Three month stay

Think about all the Gas and Electricity you'll be saving, That will cheer you up. Don't forget to leave the heating on low to protect against freezing .Leave ours at 12 degrees, only comes on if it's really cold.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Three month stay

tell your from yorkshire,,yorky,,tight,,,lol

Edited: 12 November 2013, 08:42
Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Three month stay

OV11, I am like you, I get fed up with to much eating drinking and doing nothing. I love my holidays in Goa , but 2 months is enough for me. I have tried all the different combi of months over the years , and 2 months is best for me. I used to like to buy an open ticket so I could pick the date I came home , but I find these more difficult to get these days., Good luck and i hope you enjoy it all you three month stayers.